Is this a good dealer quote?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usna2k

Reaction score
Not sure if any of you can give any insight, but I have a dealer quoting me via their internet guy for the following:

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 (gas)
Color: Patriot Blue Pearlcoat
Interior: Dark/Light Slate Gray
Options:
- Package 28G
- Trailer Tow Group
- Heated Front Seats
- Navigation System (RB1)
- Power Sunroof
- ABS
- Side Airbags

They quoted me at $28,913...I checked into the MSRP and Invoice and they come out at $31,060 and $28,873 respectively. Can I do better or is this pretty decent?

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually that's decent, but see if you can work him lower. I picked up mine during the incentives, and got 0%, plus a trade in my total bill was just under 17k, from around 26k for an 04 that's pretty similar just a sport model.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I also agree that that's a decent deal. I would definately try to talk the person lower and see if they can cut you more of a deal.

I'm not sure what kind of incentives they are running at the moment, but if the incentives are right, and you can talk them down, you can get one for a steal.

I got mine in late 03 as they were trying to clear the lot out. Trade in value of 3K on my old car, 3K cash back, and 0% Financing for 4 years, and I walked out that day getting a $23,00-$25,000 Jeep for about $17,000.

Play your cards right and see what happens.

Rescu2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you are looking at new, but I just got a HUGE deal on a used one.
2003 Liberty Sport Renegade 4X4
Skyjacker Lift
BBS Rims ($2000 for five)
Alpine CD
Cruise, Air, Power Mirrors, Power Windows/Locks, Auto, 3.7l
31,000 miles (still under warranty)

$15k and change on the road... :)
Not a scratch on it either. Also never been wrecked (checked carfax)
I'm VERY happy with it...

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my 2005 rennny with heated leather, sunroof, offroad pkg, abs, all for under $24,650 (special ordered to get the manual ******). It was about 27 when I was done because I opted for the extended warranty. I got the normal discounts and a recent graduate discount. Plus I got a quote from another dealership printed out, so the dealership I went to matched it. It helped that the quote had the options I wanted listed out on it. Once you pick out the exact jeep you want with all the options, ask a few dealers what they'd charge for it, you might find they'll compete a little.

superspeckman

Reaction score
I would always shop around. The local stealership had these deals going on when I was there last week:

2005 Liberty Sport (2WD) $15K
2005 Grand Cherokee Limited w/Hemi $31K
2005 Wrangler Rubicon w/manual $23K

I thought those were awesome prices. The cheapest 4WD Liberty I could find was a Sport for just under $18K

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is not a bad price, but you should shop around and try to get a better deal, I am sure that there are some out there. :-k

squid729

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey Mike that seems to be in the right ballpark for "invoice" price. we paid 27100 - 2500 incentives = 24600 for basically same ride minus the RB1, ABS, and side air bags. ours was also an internet quote, no haggling