Is the stock stereo interchangeable between 2002-2007 KJ's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepinSteve

Reaction score
Hello All. I'm planning on replacing my aftermarket JVC stereo in my 2004 KJ with a factory stereo. I will probably pick one up at a junkyard or on Ebay. My question is, will a stereo out of any year KJ work in my 2004 KJ? Although the stereo's have minor differences in appearance, I noticed that the connectors on the rear of the stereo's are the same (that includes from other Dodge/Ram models). Also, will I need to contact the dealer for the pin code? Thanks, Steve

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any model Mopar with that oval face will work. I actually still have the one I had in my KJ available, RAH code single CD/MP3 CD capable & sat radio capable with adapter (which I can include) if you're interested:
You must be registered for see images attach

JeepinSteve

Reaction score
Any model Mopar with that oval face will work. I actually still have the one I had in my KJ available, RAH code single CD/MP3 CD capable & sat radio capable with adapter (which I can include) if you're interested:
Thanks for the info. How much would you want for the stereo? I probably wouldn't have a use for the the Sat adapter. Thanks.

mikelikesbbq

Reaction score
On a prior 03 Libby we had, I upgraded the radio to an RB4 which is the same exact size/fit, but with a 4" or so LCD screen and CD driven GPS navigation. I bought mine on Ebay from a guy who upgraded his SRT-10 Viper pickup. It was plug and play (had to add a GPS antenna) and it displayed SRT 10 on the display when it booted up the first time. The second key cycle, it booted up "Jeep"! So yeah, I did a partial SRT10 Viper swap in my Libby, I'm pretty sure it made it faster:).

BTW-it sounded the same, but the GPS sucked since you had to use the knobs to scroll the alphabet to type destinations in. It looked more modern and the CD player worked (old one didn't), so it was a cheap and easy upgrade. My buddy upgraded his 03 Ram 3500 to the same thing and it worked fine on that too.