Is adding cruise control to a 2007 Liberty possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chasivus

Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight/input on how to install cruise (speed) control on a 2007 Liberty with throttle by wire (electronic throttle body), I can't find any kit but I see that there is a connector on the clock spring that's just like the '08. anyone have any input?

chasivus

Reaction score
Thanks, but those are for throttle bodies that are cable controlled, the 2007 has an electronic throttle body (throttle by wire) no throttle cables

chasivus

Reaction score
...the '03 install instructions, I'll take a look at the 08-11 instructions & see if they will work, thanks again!

David Kelm

Reaction score
Is there any follow up to this? I can get a the new steering wheel from a pick and pull, I'm just curious if the process.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is very much, you just need the Cruise Control buttons, and then since 07's are drive by wire you do the Merlin Trick as I have learned it's called. You push and hold the brake pedal with the key to run but do not start the engine while holding the cruise control on button. It's supposed to flash on the dashboard but sometimes it does some times it doesn't. You do it for about ten seconds, turn key to off start up and push the cruise button, the cruise light should come on and the computer is flashed for Cruise Control.

Here's the link to the forum thread showing part numbers, instructions and the Merlin Trick. http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=400387&highlight=cruise#400387

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear I did it on mine, but I can't find any receipts saying I bought parts.
I had 6 items on my list, in order of requirement, when hunting:
stick
4x4
v6
sunroof
cruise
an actual color

I got the first 3.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine didn't come with Cruise, but it was a bare bones model as it was since it was sent over seas to Germany after being built via Chrysler Military Sales Program.