Iron Rock Off Road Rear Lower Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

65Corvair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a pair of Iron Rock Off Road control arms, originally for a WJ jeep.

https://www.ironrockoffroad.com/product/wj-heavy-duty-adjustable-lower-control-arms.html

They are adjustable from 15.75 to 19.38 inches.
The stock Liberty control arm is 17.32 inches.

I have about 100 miles on them with no issues so far.

I bought the version with rubber bushings on both ends and have no issues with flexing the Jeep.*
One side was at full compression, the other was at full droop.

"* With OME springs, +2 upper isolators, and 2 hockey pucks mounted to the axle for bump stop extensions. Your suspension set up may vary"

One note, these do not provide provisions for rear sway bar mounting.

Last edited:

65Corvair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they are direct bolt in, no shims or spacers are needed.

65Corvair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Comparison between stock and IRO control arms

You must be registered for see images

Installed

65Corvair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When installing on the passenger side, I had to unbolt the exhaust union joint just infront of the muffler to get the body side bolt out.
After putting the vehicle on jackstands,I removed the rear springs and shocks to "unload" the axle to make it easier to install the control arms.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They work great, have had them on the 03 for maybe 2 years, ( ???? ) not sure will have to look when I got them,
I went with the flex joints at the time as well, price has increased some I think, but good product overall

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
When installing on the passenger side, I had to unbolt the exhaust union joint just in front of the muffler to get the body side bolt out.
After putting the vehicle on jackstands,I removed the rear springs and shocks to "unload" the axle to make it easier to install the control arms.
I always install the bolts back in backwards from the factory, that way you can get them out easily
as far as muffler goes, big bar and shove it out of the way.
Shock bolts as well, 180 from the way factory does it
Your's still has it's "balls" I see, been a while since I've seen any with them still on

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Beat the living tar out of mine last month. Love them. Still kept the brand new recal replacements, but yeah…

RockinRam96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any long term reviews of the Iron Rock Off Road rear upper and lower control arm system? Any notable differences in ride?

I recently purchases this system in preparation for replacing the rear axle for a 4.10 geared axle. Excited to get this in and installed. After initial look, this system looks stout and seems to be a great upgrade.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Any long term reviews of the Iron Rock Off Road rear upper and lower control arm system? Any notable differences in ride?

I recently purchases this system in preparation for replacing the rear axle for a 4.10 geared axle. Excited to get this in and installed. After initial look, this system looks stout and seems to be a great upgrade.
Mine is worth every penny. doesn't feel like the rear end is gonna fall off every time the jeep shifts.I have over 20k in less than 2 years on mine. zero issues. I beat on Bert like a red-headed stepchild.

RockinRam96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Bringing this one back around, again. Finally got around to installing the upper and lower control arms with the poly, rebuildable hiem joints from Iron Rock. Everything went together well but needs some tweaking and I have some questions.
1. It rattles badly, every bump in the road and everything is tight. I have triple checked. What I am thinking is the bushings in the upper control arm Himes were very sloppy, am I missing a bushing or something to make the bolts fit tighter?
2. The clamp bolts and nuts on the lower control arms aren’t going to work. Nuts are too big for the slots in the arm. Any ideas?
3. The factory sway bar bolts are way too long. Thru bottom out before getting tight. Figured I’d just find new bolts, but not real impressed Iron Rock didn’t supply bolts or mention it in the instructions.

Any help/ insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Zach

Latest posts

Members online