Iron Man vs. OME Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RookieLibertyist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which is better? The ironman is cheaper which leans me towards it. Ive heard great things about both but which is really better?

Whats the true lift height on both as well as I have heard the OME is closer to 2.5" and not 1.5" as advertised?

I want to get around 2" lift from stock as Im sagged a solid 1-1.5" at 90k miles so I think its time for a new suspension.

EDIT: Its my DD and I have yet to take her offroad basically due to the suspension. I want it to look good.

Heres the links on JBA for both:

KJ Ironman 1.5" spring lift kit HD - Lift Kits, Jeep Liberty - Liberty 2002-2007 (KJ)

OME 1.50" lift kit KJ

Thanks.

Last edited:

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had both.....to me the ironman rides better but not as much lift.

I have ironman now and won't give it up

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
As far as ride I think the Ironman rides a little bit better. I've had both on mine and installed both on others KJs
make sure you get different rear shocks as the Ironmans are stock length
You can get the same amount of lift out of either one.
Both advertise 1.5 inches since thats whats allowable over in the land of Aus due to insurance regulations . 2 inches above new stock height is easy

ONE more thing, get some PB Blaster and start spraying down all of the bolts etc. I've done 4 from over there and everyone was a rust bucket as far as suspension bolts go.

Last edited:

RookieLibertyist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as ride I think the Ironman rides a little bit better. I've had both on mine and installed both on others KJs
make sure you get different rear shocks as the Ironmans are stock length
You can get the same amount of lift out of either one.
Both advertise 1.5 inches since thats whats allowable over in the land of Aus due to insurance regulations . 2 inches above new stock height is easy

ONE more thing, get some PB Blaster and start spraying down all of the bolts etc. I've done 4 from over there and everyone was a rust bucket as far as suspension bolts go.

ok so i should get everything iron man plus the ns132l shocks for the rear then? if i go that route. yeah they salt the roads in the winter a little too much here in cleveland

karljp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with tommudd. The ride quality of Bilstein and 132Ls are almost the same.

b1m3x8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do use the Ironman shocks in the rear what will be the issue? Top them out?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Top out and won't get the full flex you could have with a proper length shock

Latest posts

Members online