Invoice Dissection Assistance Requested

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usna2k

Reaction score
Forgive me in advance, as I have posted this on a different website, but wanted to try to solicit more input...

I just placed an order for an '05 KJ, and I was wondering if any of you could help me dissect the various numbers on the invoice I was faxed. There are 4 separate prices listed on this invoice - it is the abbreviations that I don't understand:

MSRP - 31,060 (MSRP is a no-brainer)
FWP - 29,263 (?)
FFP - 28,970 (?)
EP - 27,986 (?)

And also,
HB - 912 (?)

I haven't agreed to any price yet, but he is quoting me at the "FFP" price. Any help any of you guys can shoot my way would be greatly appreciated!

-Mike

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont believe they've given you a true invoice price on the vehicle, there is still markup in the family and friends pricing over invoice (through most car companies. Check out something like kbb.com, edmonds.com and autos.msn.com, build the Liberty to the specs you've been quoted for and they'll list the MSPR and the invoice price of the vehicle.

Also remember, invoice is not what they paid for the vehicle, the dealer has paid 3% under invoice, so even if they sell for invoice they'll make $ (though most will tell you they are breaking even or even losing money....)

roy_fokker

Reaction score
HB is something called "holdback", it is an additional amount that the dealers will receive on the sale of a vehicle (once per vehicle, paid quarterly by DC to the dealer). Usually, if a dealer is selling a vehicle "below cost" they are splitting the hold back amount with the buyer. All invoices also have an amount encoded that is for advertising costs the dealer charges to the buyers!

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goes to show, even if they are selling it to you at invoice, their still making money. I hate new car buying, but it's so much fun at the same point.