Introducing My New JK (2009 Unlimited Sahara)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rednroll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got this on Monday, and just finished my 1st mods today(Friday). I installed a MyGig RER radio, and also mounted a couple 9" screen DVD players to the back of the head rests. I'm running the video from the MyGig to the rear displays.

Front Profile:
You must be registered for see images

Side Profile:

MyGig with rear seat video displays

MyGig Install:

Rear Display Close:

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice JK. Congrats.

Rednroll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet...I can smell the new Jeep smell from here....:D

LOL!!! I wish they could bottle that stuff. I keep buying those "new car" smell air fresheners and that stuff is never even close..........but they're still better than the "strawberry" or "Pinacolada"(blarg)

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
LOL!!! I wish they could bottle that stuff. I keep buying those "new car" smell air fresheners and that stuff is never even close..........but they're still better than the "strawberry" or "Pinacolada"(blarg)

Oddly, my KJ still has the new car smell....:eek::D

Rednroll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice JK! Now pull out the credit card and get on moddin! :D

You mean droppin in a $2000 new radio wasn't enough moddin??;) I dunno about doing any "real" moddin in regards to off road stuff just yet. I'm kind of afraid at this point, to take it off road and scratch the paint.:D

Last edited:

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean droppin in a $2000 new radio wasn't enough moddin??;) I dunno about doing any "real" moddin in regards to off road stuff just yet. I'm kind of afraid at this point, to take it off road and scratch the paint.:D

Really? Please tell me you're joking...the least you could have done is gotten one of those 2wd JK's and saved the 4wd for someone who would use it...:rolleyes: What's next on the list, some 22's? smashfreakB.gif

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

That's more modding than what I would've done!!!!:eek:

I'd be real careful with that until the new car smell goes....:D

Rednroll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's more modding than what I would've done!!!!:eek:

I'd be real careful with that until the new car smell goes....:D

Exactly my thoughts right now. I'll save the off roadin' after I've had some time to break it in and get that new car smell out of it. Then I'll go looking for a 4" lift.;)

I just went completely topless for the 1st time yesterday....that was really cool:D Then afterwards, I put the soft top on to try that out for awhile......whew!!! That 1st time soft top installation wasn't an easy task....they make it look so easy in the provided installation DVD they ship with the vehicle.

I'm currently looking for a "Jeep" hitch receiver cover.....one of those, that is lighted and wires to the tow plug that works with the running and brake lights. Anyone know where I can find one of those?:confused: So far, I have only been able to find Jeep badged hitch receiver covers with no light wiring.

Really? Please tell me you're joking...the least you could have done is gotten one of those 2wd JK's and saved the 4wd for someone who would use it...:rolleyes: What's next on the list, some 22's? smashfreakB.gif

Don't worry. The 4x4 comes in mighty handy in the unplowed road Michigan snow months, where I have to forge my own trails. ;) If I was more of an off roadin' guy I would have probably have bought the Rubicon or "X" package, so I wouldn't have to worry about scratching the painted fenders on the Sahara. ;)

Last edited:

Rednroll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice and welcome to the JK world.
Join us at www.jkowners.com

Don't be shy. I got custom pinstripes on mine just a few months after I bought it.

I'm heading on over to join that forum now. I'm hoping some one can help me out with a problem I'm having. Now that I took off the hard top and put the soft top on my rear dome light stays on while I'm driving. I'm thinking it's because you have to disconnect the electrical wiring that plugs into the rear window of the hard top and now it must think the rear window is open and the rear dome light stays on all the time. It shows that all my doors are closed.....so this is the only thing I can think of as to why the rear dome light now stays on for the entire time I have the key in the ignition. I hope there's a simple fix....because this seems pretty screwed up. If I have to remove a fuse to shut that rear light off, I'm going to be pizzed.....because, I would obviously still want to use it when putting things in and out of the rear....it's not like I removed the rear of the vehicle and no longer have a need for the light. I just don't need that light to stay on while I'm driving with no way to turn it off.:mad:

Latest posts

Members online