Introducing My New '08 JK Wrangler X...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '99 TJ Wrangler Sport has been sold to make room for my new (insert drum roll here) '08 JK Wrangler X. The '06 KJ Liberty has performed well on the trails, but it is now in semi-retirement, living out the rest of it's life running around town and maybe doing an occasional easy trail to make sure it's 4x4 functions are still capable of working if called upon.

Here are a few pics of the new JK...

Sitting in the driveway waiting to get out on the trails....

You must be registered for see images attach

Doing what Jeeps do best....

The color of the new JK is "Red Rock Crystel Pearl"... what better place
to show it off than Sedona, AZ aka Red Rock Country!!!

Hopefully, mods to come within the next couple of years:

[x] debadge OEM stickers
[x] US Air Force Wings on quarter panels
[x] Garmin nuvi 260W GPS (w/back tracking feature)
[x] tinted windows (35% tint)
[x] replace OEM street tires w/32" BFG M/T KM's on OEM 17" Moab rims
[x] Mopar Rubicon rock rails
[x] Mopar "Jeep" slush floor mats
[x] personalized license plate "1KOOLJK"
[x] Mopar gas cap cover
[x] Cobra 29 LTD Classic CB w/Firestick 4 ft antenna
[x] front swaybar quick disconnects (home made)
[ ] KC slim lights (2 bumper and 2 window mounted)
[ ] relocate muffler and exhaust
[ ] relocate evap canister
[ ] better skid plates
[ ] 3" lift
[ ] 35" BFG M/T KM 2's on 16" rims
[ ] front and rear off-road bumbers
[ ] 9500 Warn winch

I am shamelessly accepting donations to my JK Modification Fund. If I every win the lottery, your kindness will be repaid many times over, honest.... :D

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real nice JK. Looks good in that color. I think I like the looks of the 2 dr better than the 4 dr. You have had it off road and how do you like it compared to your TJ that you had??

The JK's are nice. I have been driving my Son's JK Sahara around a little and I like it. His is a steel blue 4 dr and whenever I go over there he throws me the keys.....haha

Dave

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave! Yeah, I don't care too much for the 4-door Unlimited models either. In our case, having no kids, I just took out the back seat and have more than enough room.

You must be registered for see images

Straight out of the box... I'd have to say the JK wins when compared to a TJ "only" because of it's ground clearance, a roomier interior and softer ride. The TJ feels more like a Jeep, the clutch/engine are better and it's easier to work on... everything from the fly-by-wire gas pedal on the JK goes through a computer making it a nightmare for the backyard mechanic.

The JK is also has more comfortable seats and more driver's foot room than the TJ or KJ.

IMO Jeep has already made a less capable Liberty in the KK. If it continues on it's current course, I fear that the Wrangler's future will become more crossover like. Time will tell....

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, you have a lot of room in the back of the 2dr with the seat out.

My Son does need the 4dr because of the kids though. It is still nice.

I hope the future of the wrangler is not a more crossover type vehicle either. But like you said, time will tell for sure.

Dave

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's official... they're twins!!! 1KOOLKJ and 1KOOLJK. I guess you can call them the unidentical KJJK twins....

You must be registered for see images