Infinity Stereo Removal / Aftermarket Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddincharlotte

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I know the infinity 6.5s have been the achilles heel of the Infinity System. Rather than try to repair ours with a foam surround kit we've decided to go with an aftermarket solution by Pioneer.

Generally when doing these types of installs I try to use the factory harness whenever possible. I'd like to do the same with this one.

Has anyone used their factory harness for this type of thing with any success?

I've seen the plugs that go to the individual power amps and it definitely looks like more than a couple of wires, I'm sure some are power, some are line level signal.....

I think the idea would be to keep the plugs on everything but the speakers and clip the speaker/amp plugs and use only the "signal" wires that come from the head unit. I would tape off the power wires that power each preamp.

So yeah, does anyone have experience with an aftermarket install to replace these infinity systems using the factory harness?