Indy Drive Shafts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Hey All

It's time for a new front drive shaft on the old girl ... she's grumblin' in reverse.

Couple questions;

1. Has anyone had any experience with Indy Drive shafts? http://indydriveshafts.com/

2. When I install the new shaft is it just a dry fit or do I need any lubricant(s)

Here's a little added laugh for ya... I've been searching for one up here in the great white north. The most insane price to date, Carquest, rebuilt, $1100.00 plus core charge :happy175:

Best price so far $680.00 rebuilt ... :disgust:

Thanks in advance!

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
1 No
2 dry

and why buy new when you can just rebuild the old one

Because I don't live next door to you Rev ... unfortunately ..

I am still excited about the fact that I just managed to replace my own rotors and pads and cleaned my throttle body. (translation: I am a major (old) newb). I want to rebuild my old one (to learn), but I use the old girl for rural delivery now and I need a new one that I can rely on until the snow and then mud stops flying around here.

Thanks as usual for your assistance Rev!

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Luke, the stealership here wants $840.00 for just the front driveshaft CV Joint!

The DC Dealer here wants $860, which after being quoted $1100 for a reman'd shaft it seems like a steal.. lol

P.S. Hope you get your trans issues solved, sorry I'm not able to help :disgust:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Ordered on Monday ... received on Thursday!

The ol' girl is happy again and not clicking and moaning at me anymore.

I would recommend these guys in a heart beat, great service, good product.

The final tally ... DC Dealership $1356.00 parts, labour and tax.
Luke's Garage $440.00 including shipping, brokerage fees ($100.00)

Thanks to all the usual suspects for the info and How-To's (ie Jeep Jeepster, tjkj, YC, Mr. Mudd et al)

Latest posts

Members online