In limp mode...code P0320...anyone have any info?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeoJeepLib

Reaction score
Was running ok, went into the grocery store and when I came out It wouldnt start. Check engine light is on. After several tries, she finally started only to die midway home(about a mile or so). Finally started again after several tries and a jump from another car but now its in limp mode. This has happened before...usually after a heavy rain when its very very damp out. Last time this happened it seemed to straighten itself out and the check engine light went off by itself. Any body have any info?

Thanks,
Geo
2003 Liberty Renegade.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
320 Crankshaft position sensor reference signal cannot be found while the engine is cranking.

Found an article here that might help you diagnose it. Chances are its just a loose/bad sensor, and you should be able to get it fixed relatively inexpensively.

Welcome to JeepKJ, btw! Hope this works out for ya, let us know!

-Blu

GeoJeepLib

Reaction score
Thanks for the info...Im going to get it checked out at a dealer & I wont fall for the old bad fuel pump routine! I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thank You,
Geo

2003KJ

Reaction score
hmmmm.....sounds like you should tell the dealer to replace the crank sensor first....since that seems to be the cluprit.

2003KJ

Reaction score
marlonjbt said:
Where is the crankshaft sensor?

my guess would be by the crankshaft itself......LOL......really, i dunno. Might have a crack at the FSM and see what it says.

kjk

Reaction score
2003KJ said:
marlonjbt said:
Where is the crankshaft sensor?

my guess would be by the crankshaft itself......LOL......really, i dunno. Might have a crack at the FSM and see what it says.

Expanding on that one step further, my guess is at the end of the crankshaft sensor cable.

GeoJeepLib

Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to get back to this forum....I had a mechanic check out my Lib. He found the crank sensor to be cracked. He replaced the sensor(Under $100 bucks with labor). The part was under $20. All seems to be o.k. now! Thanks for all your help!!

Geo