Im finally lifting it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sephiroth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I decided to bite the bullet and lift the jeep after going on a small trip on a forest road and realized I was hitting really small rocks. I have opted for the OME 2927/2948 from JBA, I also ordered their Upper control arms, extended front bump stops and got 4 hockey pucks for the back. I don't currently have any aftermarket bumpers but I do have front/engine/trans 4x skid plates which do add some weight and I raptor lined the entire jeep a couple of days ago (not a noticeable weight increase but still) I rather have the lift last as long as possible.

My driveway is gravel so ill have to take it somewhere to get it done, wish me luck.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So I decided to bite the bullet and lift the jeep after going on a small trip on a forest road and realized I was hitting really small rocks. I have opted for the OME 2927/2948 from JBA, I also ordered their Upper control arms, extended front bump stops and got 4 hokie pucks for the back. I don't currently have any aftermarket bumpers but I do have front/engine/trans 4x skid plates which do add some weight and I raptor lined the entire jeep a couple of days ago (not a noticeable weight increase but still) I rather have the lift last as long as possible.

My driveway is gravel so ill have to take it somewhere to get it done, wish me luck.

We did my one friends in his driveway , and its slag ( sharp edges etc )
Can be done

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We did my one friends in his driveway , and its slag ( sharp edges etc )
Can be done

Agreed. When I have to do stuff on gravel, I use lumber end-cuts under the jack and stands. Lay down a half sheet of 3/8" or 1/2" plywood for a work surface.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are these "hokie" pucks ye speak of?:happy175: Are those the special hamburgers you can get in Virginia Tech?:gr_grin::happy175:

Sephiroth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are these "hokie" pucks ye speak of?:happy175: Are those the special hamburgers you can get in Virginia Tech?:gr_grin::happy175:

Never been a fan of any sports, and when English is not your first language can be difficult writing a rather common word for others. :shrug:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Never been a fan of any sports, and when English is not your first language can be difficult writing a rather common word for others. :shrug:

No worries , English is not always the first language of people born here it seems at times! Most Americans do not use proper English or so my wife says. She tells that she was taught the Queens English .....
But we all understand, just like kidding/ joking around at times .

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm just picking on ya a little bit. Agreed that overall our English is a bit on the lazy side.

Sephiroth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its done now still need an alignment (desperately)

Before lift:

You must be registered for see images attach

After:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its done now still need an alignment (desperately)

Before lift:

After:

Pictures are broken from a computer. They are visible via tapatalk, though. You sure love bedliner. :rofl:

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Line-X on the exterior? :gr_grin: I want to Line-X the entire exterior on mine with a gray color instead of the black.

Sephiroth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the alignment ready seems to be right on the spot new tires to come thinking of BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 245/75/16 hopefully I won't have to trim much if any

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
At 2.5 inches of lift more than likely will have to do the pinch welds, bent over.
Easy to heat liners up over the pinch weld , bend out of the way and bent them over, then get liner back over and flatten out

BFG's ?? really ?

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lifted no warranty?? what a buncha ****s , it aligned into stock specs, prove to me on the alignment sheet that its lifted. lol :p
and go give your right rear upper control arm bushing a kick. lol

Sephiroth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i saw the no warranty and asked about it was told that they just dont do warranty on lifted vehicles guess i should have asked before it was done oh well. BFGs seemed like a good option to me any reason why I should stay away from them? They have great reviews. Got a quote for Goodyear duratracks but at over 1100 dollars its out of reach at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i saw the no warranty and asked about it was told that they just dont do warranty on lifted vehicles guess i should have asked before it was done oh well. BFGs seemed like a good option to me any reason why I should stay away from them? They have great reviews. Got a quote for Goodyear duratracks but at over 1100 dollars its out of reach at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

$1100 for a set of five?! Who quoted you that much??? I didn't pay anywhere near that for mine.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$1100 for a set of five?! Who quoted you that much??? I didn't pay anywhere near that for mine.
For real. I paid less than that for my Cooper stt pros in 32s on a 17 inch rim.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

K9JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not surprised about the no warranty because of the lift, everytime I've gotten an alignment for my GTI at a non suspension shop they won't warranty it because the car is lowered on coilovers. My go to guy doesn't care and does alignments by hand, but others pull that on me.
I know the sizes are different but to give you an idea, I paid $740 out the door for 5 Hankook Dynapro ATM's 235/70/16 installed.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk