I'm back!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey yall, some of you may know that I recently left for the Navy, unfortunately, I have been medically discharged. Been back for a couple weeks now just haven't felt the greatest physically and mentally. While I am upset that I had to leave, I am happy to be back with my family and, this forum. Boy, training was fun.

What'd I miss?

Oh I must add my jeep did suffer a case of grinding from the front left while im 4 wheel drive while I was gone. Can't seem to figure out where it's coming from

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome back teeje. Everything happens for a reason and your personal family and your KJ family welcome you back.....no examinations needed here.

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome back.

Are you sure the grinding is from the front left and not the front drive shaft? Boots are known to go bad allowing the grease to sling out of the joint and also lets dirt get in...

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome back! Things happen for a reason, might seem hard to understand why now but you tried, so kudos to you.

And x2 on checking the driveshaft. It has to be something CV related if 4WD makes it worse.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome back.

Are you sure the grinding is from the front left and not the front drive shaft? Boots are known to go bad allowing the grease to sling out of the joint and also lets dirt get in...
Sounds like it. Well around that area. I jacked her up moved things around and couldn't hear anything. No play. So I'm not sure what it could me. Sounds like I'm scraping a heavy piece of metal on the ground when it does it though

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That's how driveshaft CV was when it shit the bed. Well the boot had been torn for how long, not sure. Probably was like that for 4-5 years, so it was nice and noisy.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Welcome back!

The good news is you now know how to count to four; do the left, left, left right left walk; know where your heads are at; and don't have to put up with that Navy ship anymore.

Best wishes for your future endeavors.

PS Our Air Force threw me out so many times I finally had to fire them.