I'm an idiot, Parts Wanted!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Friday I park in a different spot at work, one where you have to avoid a power pole to get into the spot.

Seems I forgot about the pole, and smacked into it while backing out :-(

Missed the tailgate and it's still functioning fine, but pushed in the bumper and trashed the tail light, and did some pretty good sheet metal damage to the fender.

So now that I've recovered and stopped swearing, I'm looking for some parts if anyone can help!

My Liberty is a 2005 Sport, black with grey plastic.

At this point I know I need at least:
1 Driver's side tail light assembly
1 rear bumper, grey plastic

If anyone has any take-offs they are looking to sell, please let me know, let's make a deal :)

Thanks,

Dave

You must be registered for see images

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear! I once almost hit that light pole where I work, I generally back up onto the sidewalk because sometimes they block the street by standing in the middle of the road, one day I almost forgot about the poll and backed up.
Good Luck.

fdems

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My taillight got hit by another vehicle, The lense and the housing go for at least 80.00 to 110.00 via MOPAR (dealer) or Ebay for cheap. As for the quarter panel check out local salvage yards ( found lots of parts there ). Good Luck!!

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call LKQ, they have everything. Well, almost everything. They have a list of hot parts that they tag for ebay the minute they part a car out, and won't sell, but that stuff won't be on there. Problem is just going to be in getting the bumper since it's a bulky item. If it were a more expensive part, and you lived near an LKQ, they could shuttle it to your local LKQ for like $100, though it may be less for smaller items, provided it was coming from an LKQ within a couple states of you as their shuttles are based on regions. You may get lucky and be near an LKQ that has it, or be able to get it shuttled for cheap. Worth a shot for the taillight, at least.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys.

One thing I noticed on E-bay was a lot of aftermarket tail lights specifying 02-04 model years.

Does anyone know if they will fit 05's? I was considering "upgrading" to the smoked versions.

I'm going to be hunting in the local scrapyards too, thanks for the tip on LKQ, not sure if it would be feasible to deal with them from Canada but could be worth a shot.

Cheers,

Dave