Idk if it's related to the other post but I think my Kj need's a priest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So today I used my fob to open the back and then it opened with no issues not suprising it kept clicking and the gate wasn't open all the way I was having a conversation earlier with a member about the wires getting pinched back there being aware I opened it inspected what I could , it seemed fine but the clicking did stop so I loaded my groceries and closed it all up got in and popped the key in and the glass popped open and the clicking was just going crazy so I started it up closed the hatch and glass again all was dandy ..... is this thing possessed ? Or is my fob bad ? Freaking me out

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Battery might be on it's last legs. Strange things happen when the computers don't get good juice.

When my CRD battery gave up the rear glass opened when I tried to crank the starter. Others have had the rear glass spontaneously pop open.

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Battery might be on it's last legs. Strange things happen when the computers don't get good juice.

When my CRD battery gave up the rear glass opened when I tried to crank the starter. Others have had the rear glass spontaneously pop open.

Is it possible even though I had it tested that it still could be going bad or should I maby have it tested again ?

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Look for a date code on your battery, it could just be its' time has come. Date code is usually on a round white sticker consisting of a letter and single digit number. Letter A-L designates month and number is year of manufacture. Date code might also be melted into the side edge of the top of the battery.

I charged a battery for a friend and it did fine until he picked it up the next day and it had lost a couple volts. A bad cell had charged up fine and discharged over night. Installed, it would draw the rest of the cells down and maybe work but not if it sat for a few days.

OR, you might need a priest! Do you go to church? Are you worshipping the right God? Have you angered Him? Her? Them?

TorrentIV

A Leaf on the Wind
Reaction score
Maybe you're lucky and the fob button's stuck? Or possessed. I got a salt guy if ya need em. The battery's also plausible.

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for a date code on your battery, it could just be its' time has come. Date code is usually on a round white sticker consisting of a letter and single digit number. Letter A-L designates month and number is year of manufacture. Date code might also be melted into the side edge of the top of the battery.

I charged a battery for a friend and it did fine until he picked it up the next day and it had lost a couple volts. A bad cell had charged up fine and discharged over night. Installed, it would draw the rest of the cells down and maybe work but not if it sat for a few days.

OR, you might need a priest! Do you go to church? Are you worshipping the right God? Have you angered Him? Her? Them?

Lol well I hope I haven't angered them o_O good news is I have sage and I will smudge the evil outta there bahaha I guess I probably should just go ahead a get a battery it was old the parts guy said even though it tested fine always good to keep up maintenance.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Confused BCM? What you also might try is taking both battery terminals off, clamp /tape them together away from battery for 40 minutes.
Re-connect, and hope the bad clicking spirits go away. See if that helps.
There was also a firmware update that may have addressed this continuous clicking issue, dealer would know about it.
I had my Jeep firmware updated long ago, and I also noticed then that tailgate automatically locks when placed in reverse, possibly forward too, cant remember now.

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confused BCM? What you also might try is taking both battery terminals off, clamp /tape them together away from battery for 40 minutes.
There was also a firmware update that may have addressed this continuous clicking issue, dealer would know about it.
I had my Jeep firmware updated long ago, and I also noticed then that tailgate automatically locks when placed in reverse, possibly forward too, cant remember now.

Well I definitely can do the taping of them together since I have another vehicle so I'll do that I'm gonna go ahead and also replace the battery because the other one is pretty old the reason I had it tested the first time is I had a brief light 1 day then it tested fine so I am thinking it might be a shady battery it's only sat for one full day so idk know what happens beyond that honestly it does take a few cranks after a day of sitting .

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So I found another guy on Facebook who's having the same issue same year .

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so I'm looking at batteries since mine is dated installed 2012 lol just bought it so..... that's something I over looked I refuse to buy napa batteries the last one I bought was crap lasted 3 day's after the warranty and died .

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I've had good luck with Interstate batteries. Good for 5 years in my diesel jeep and then they continue to work in my ford. Ford winters outside. Dang, one of my Interstate batteries is 12 years old! There's no reason it should still work in anything. Jeep will get a new one whenever I get it back on the road.

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had good luck with Interstate batteries. Good for 5 years in my diesel jeep and then they continue to work in my ford. Ford winters outside. Dang, one of my Interstate batteries is 12 years old! There's no reason it should still work in anything. Jeep will get a new one whenever I get it back on the road.

Is there a specific amp or a preference like I'm definitely battery dumb lol the one's I looked at so far said a 24 series which was I think 600 or something and then there was a 25 that was 640 I'm sure that's cranking etc and I'm sure it's okay right to use a more powerful battery as long as it fits in the holding spot .

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Look for group 34 series, they fit right in and are a top post. Interstate are ok batteries.
Look for around 700 CCA + (cold cranking amps)

These are a bit more expensive but I prefer the newer style sealed AGM (absorb glass Mat)
You'll never get terminal corrosion & are way more powerful in a load test.
They last a very long time, generally 6 years + They are deep cycle & can recover quickly.
Manufacturer Brand Names: Bosch, Exide, Northstar, AutoCraft & Odyssey is the best, still in Jeep at 10 years.
Most auto parts store now carry their own labels of AGM car batteries from one of the above manufacturers.
Stay away from Optima. They are spherical in design and have way less plate coverage.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Interstate in the 05 now that was in the 04 for years , then the 03 for a while when it needed a battery and then to the 05
Installed in the 04 July 2010 and still tests out very good
They are a great battery
Been running them for at least the last 25-27 years, maybe even longer , have to check
Never let me down and always get 10 plus years out of them
always get the biggest that will fit in the tray, even if I have to cut the end out of the tray ;)
All 3 of mine have Interstates
At work we have 5 sets foldable bleachers weighing over 19,000 lbs each, bottom section folds up over the top to transport , running what else , Interstate Deep Cycle to run the hydraulics

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Optima is what came as original equipment on the CRD, only good for 3 years.

CCA, Cold Cranking Amps matters most in cold climates since batteries produce less power when they're cold.