I need some assistance finishing my lift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buddy McCarter

Reaction score
I have a 04 Sport. Last year I had a shop do some work on it and asked if they could lift it in the process. At the time of install they informed me that I should look into uca made for a lifted Liberty. I don't drive it much so I waited a few months to start searching for parts. At the time I realized they installed a rough country lift. Rear coils and shocks with the front spacer.
I bought JBA's uca and a airlift system for the rear to help the rear springs match the hd ome springs I bought for the front. I have the blistien struts for the front.
My main question is if I am 2.5 in the rear, what spacers do I need to make that level in the front? Could I buy a kit with rear and front spacers to achieve 3.5-4 inches? I saw a kit with 2.5 front and 1.5 rear spacers. Could I use that? Should I even think about reusing the rough country's front spacer? T

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 04 Sport. Last year I had a shop do some work on it and asked if they could lift it in the process. At the time of install they informed me that I should look into uca made for a lifted Liberty. I don't drive it much so I waited a few months to start searching for parts. At the time I realized they installed a rough country lift. Rear coils and shocks with the front spacer.
I bought JBA's uca and a airlift system for the rear to help the rear springs match the hd ome springs I bought for the front. I have the blistien struts for the front.
My main question is if I am 2.5 in the rear, what spacers do I need to make that level in the front? Could I buy a kit with rear and front spacers to achieve 3.5-4 inches? I saw a kit with 2.5 front and 1.5 rear spacers. Could I use that? Should I even think about reusing the rough country's front spacer? T

So you are looking at more problems and issues then, correct?
First swap out the front for OME 927 springs and good Bilstein or OME shocks , that will give you 2.5 inches of lift over new stock height
Next add 3/8 inch ( 3 conduit nuts ) on the bottom part of the shock where it goes down into the clevis
that will give you a little over 3 inches of lift and not cause stress on other parts as much
for the rear
OME 948 springs with 2 extra upper isolators along with the original one
toss the airlift unless you are pulling a trailer etc daily
install your JBA UCAs and get an alignment
next you'll more than likely want larger tires so start figuring in regearing to 4.10s
and the list goes on and on

OH AND THROW ALL OF THAT ROUGH COUNTRY CRAP AWAY !!
Plus no you can not mix OME springs and spacer lifts of any kind unless you just want a lawn ornament

Buddy McCarter

Reaction score
So you are looking at more problems and issues then, correct?
First swap out the front for OME 927 springs and good Bilstein or OME shocks , that will give you 2.5 inches of lift over new stock height
Next add 3/8 inch ( 3 conduit nuts ) on the bottom part of the shock where it goes down into the clevis
that will give you a little over 3 inches of lift and not cause stress on other parts as much
for the rear
OME 948 springs with 2 extra upper isolators along with the original one
toss the airlift unless you are pulling a trailer etc daily
install your JBA UCAs and get an alignment
next you'll more than likely want larger tires so start figuring in regearing to 4.10s
and the list goes on and on

OH AND THROW ALL OF THAT ROUGH COUNTRY CRAP AWAY !!
Plus no you can not mix OME springs and spacer lifts of any kind unless you just want a lawn ornament

I have the front ome spring and blistien shocks. Can you explain the difference between using washers vs a spacer? I've seen many people talk about top mount spacers. Even seen companies sale the ome setup with a over the strut spacer. I do light towing weekly. The airlift is amazing. Even without load it helps the ride tremendously.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What OME springs, they make different rates
as far as top spacers only RRO is stupid enough to produce anything like that
you can use a 1/4 inch top plate but no one currently are making them instead of a clevis, but a clevis lift is free basically !
It helps ( the airlift ) due to not having good aftermarket rear springs

no struts in front, coilover shocks

Last edited:

Buddy McCarter

Reaction score
I have ome hd springs like I stated for the front, 790. I have the top plate you are speaking of ordered and waiting on delivery for sometime now.
That's why the airlift is in the rear to help match the front. I was not replacing springs that are a year old even if Fisher Price produced it.
24 139168 Bilstein for the front as well.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Without a aftermarket front bumper and winch those springs are going to give you a very rough ride
OME HDs are 927s
OME 790s are for CRD and with above mentioned extras

Buddy McCarter

Reaction score
Without a aftermarket front bumper and winch those springs are going to give you a very rough ride
OME HDs are 927s
OME 790s are for CRD and with above mentioned extras

I know. My question is, will the top plate I ordered that equals a 1/2 will be enough to level the front with the rear and/or what could I do with what I have to get as high as possible?

The shop when lifting last year added better upper and lower rear arms and did a great job with washers in that area. The rear fender sits 22 inches from the center of the wheel.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The shop installed extended brake lines as well.
Means nothing, I ran 4.5 inches of lift on my 04 ( JBA custom coilover lift ) with stock brake lines
So you have 3 inches of lift , what I initially wrote will give you 3 inches of lift
Of course with the 790s being very hard to break in without weight on them, what does the front set at?
Makes it harder to say what the extra plate will give you.
With 927s I can tell you spot on,
with 790s , an ARB and winch I can tell ya,, but running what you have has been done so few times, mostly by people getting mixed up on spring rates
I've ran 790s but had ARB etc

Buddy McCarter

Reaction score
Means nothing, I ran 4.5 inches of lift on my 04 ( JBA custom coilover lift ) with stock brake lines
So you have 3 inches of lift , what I initially wrote will give you 3 inches of lift
Of course with the 790s being very hard to break in without weight on them, what does the front set at?
Makes it harder to say what the extra plate will give you.
With 927s I can tell you spot on,
with 790s , an ARB and winch I can tell ya,, but running what you have has been done so few times, mostly by people getting mixed up on spring rates
I've ran 790s but had ARB etc[/QUOTE

Thanks Tom! I feel like I had to mention something about brake lines because you have been super techincal and next line from you would be, "you will snap a brake line if you go any higher than blah blah". I believe you may have help me indirectly with that last reply. I am not looking for an exact answer just a ballpark. I havent installed the new front suspension yet. If i knew where it sat, I would figure it out myself what it lacked to fill out the lift. I bought this setup with the intentions of it being so heavy duty it would sit higher atm than other springs and to upgrade the bumper with a winch within time.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If I were doing your lift, this would be what I would do
Forget your top plate, no need for it unless you want the California look
( front higher than the rear )
You are only at 22 ( 3 inches of lift) and with the 790s and no weight on them you are going to be almost there, if not an 1/8 or so of clevis is all ya need until you do go aftermarket bumper and winch
But whatever ya want to do, ................

Chandler Solon

Reaction score
What OME springs, they make different rates
as far as top spacers only RRO is stupid enough to produce anything like that
you can use a 1/4 inch top plate but no one currently are making them instead of a clevis, but a clevis lift is free basically !
It helps ( the airlift ) due to not having good aftermarket rear springs

no struts in front, coilover shocks

ATH Started selling the top plates.
https://cb-engineer.com/t/jeep-libe...Z-xJwpt89DbxyuQNOVvegHGOhniwnIkaMI_n_7ypTNiJA also sells them

Buddy McCarter

Reaction score

That's is the company I am still waiting for top plates from and I ordered in early June. I skipped installing them and height is fine. When I add accessories to the front I will need to install something then or do a clevis lift. I advise to stay away from cb engineer. I didn't research the company before purchase. They have terrible reviews and absolutely no customer service.

Latest posts

Members online