I have my EVIC installed, but.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, after working on my install for a few hours today, I finally have everything ready. My otis unit from the 04 ram is fully functional (temperature even works, a nice 68 degrees here today in the Lehigh Valley) in my 04 Rocky Mountain Liberty. The only issue that I have is that the unit stays on even after I turn the power off to the jeep. I spliced the blue/white wire (fused ignition switch output) to my red and white wire from my cigarette lighter. I would assume that i'm getting constant power because of the wire I spliced into. I would like to know what you guys have spliced into so I can get the unit to turn off when I shut the ignition off. :-k

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Gahh! Where are the '04-'05 Ram EVICS?!?! I don't want an OTIS. Anyway...

I just found a wire in the dash that had switched power. Used a test light to find out. There's a connector to something, whatever it may be, under the steering wheel, that looks just like the EVIC connector. Has something to do with the gauge cluster. The blue wire from there, is what I tapped into.

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this connector plugged into something or is the connector just free under the steering wheel? Is the wire solid blue or is it blue and white or blue and something else? I know how you feel with the evic thing, as the people who drive the 04 liberty's are little vultures waiting for another 04 with an evic to........no exception here, as this little vulture waits patiently... (whistle)

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, It was right there taped to the steering wheel column inside....15 minutes later the otis is working like it should and turns off with the car.....Thanks for the great tip, as my install is now complete (well, until I find an 04 liberty evic...) \:D/

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A tech instructor at GE once told me he would never answer a "Why" question, like, "why did *** design the yyy to be zzz"? Guess I didn't learn, so ...

I learned as I was studying the KJ wiring diagram, that the cigar lighter is switched on RHD (right hand drive) versions, and unswitched on LHD versions? Do Brits and Auzzies have something over DC to make them do things right?