I decided I want the frankie. But a few ?s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AMPlibby06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to save the 1000 or so to get the frankenlift and install :D. I won't do any of it myself. But I plan to get some soft 8s and some meats! BUT being someone who barely knows suspension, I have a few questions.

Do i need to buy anything else with the frankenlift or is it all included? Can i literally bring the box and my KJ to my (VERY) trusty mechanic and pick up a lifted KJ the next day?

Also, how well can the shocks/coils (whatever theyre called) be seen? Would it be a huge waste of money to have them powdercoated a cool color. I noticed on the ALLj site that they come assembled so I assume that means I'd have to pull them off the struts to get them coated. I just though I'd ask in case it made sense to get them powdercoated lime green or orange or something cool.

Lastly, where do you think I could get my pinchwelds pounded? or is it really THAT easy that I could do it?

I LOVE this forum because I can ask any question I have and it usually gets answered. So thanks in advance guys!:D

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree with Tony....you wouldn't see the front coils. The rear you would from behind, so those might be cool to paint. :)

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need front extended bumpstops(terraflex) and the rear brake line extensions since you have '06 and of course a alignment then another a few months down the road(after it settles).

Do not powdercoat the shocks/struts,they will explode and they should be smart enough to not do them anyways,it's okay to powercoat the coils but there black anyways and heat leads to early spring sag also(which is required to powdercoat).

Latest posts

Members online