Hypertech an Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jschenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere, but I didn't have time to go through the posts before work, so I'll ask my questions and see if you guys can answer them and/or provide links to past discussions that can.

First question, does the hypertech for the KJ 3.7 work? By that I mean does it give you the gains and let you keep them, or does the computer relearn around it? Is it a true tune replacing what's there or more like sticking a JET module on?

Secondly, if it does work, does it support mods, like headers and intakes etc, or is there a relearning issue?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally i cant tell a major difference with the tuner. I bought it used so it was a little cheaper than than paying full price. Id be sick if i paid, what is it, $300? Maybe it makes a difference in the high rpms but i never get over 3000 so it doesnt help me any.

Austerity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love mine. It turned the dog of a anemic motor the 3.7 is and gave it some life. The ECU does not learn around it. The transmission shifts properly, the dead spot is gone, low end torque is improved, high end passing power is better, and a slight increase in MPG. I paid full price and don't regret it one bit.

Latest posts

Members online