Howdy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheWestVirginian

Reaction score
Good morning, all.

I have never owned a Jeep product, but am looking hard at the Liberty line. I prefer the older, more rounded body style, but, frankly, I think I'm good with any model year. Hoping to learn more about the differences in years and trim levels from you good folks.

Take care, and have a great day!

Aaron

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.
Now a days you have to consider the fact that the more rounded KJ's (2002-2007) are getting older and are generally higher mileage now.
Trying to find a lower mileage, well maintained, rust & accident free is getting tougher every day.
IMHO the best year was 02-04's and they had more reliable window regulators, and way better fog lights.
The one disadvantage to the KJ's were that the rear seats did not fold completely flat.
The sport trim was basic, the Renegade was top tier with roof lights etc. Some trims had leather seats or cloth and sunroofs was not for me (potential leaks)
My Rocky Mountain edition is good, came w/ skid plates, painted fenders/graphite moldings, and no sunroof, with Jeep embroidered seats.
The EVIC computer/reader was a nice feature gave you MPG/outside air temps etc and was located in the center of headliner with lights.
Even though my Jeep came with a block heater, it had no heated mirrors go figure, no EVIC or floor lighting, which I added later in LED.
Their trim levels were literally all over the place and getting the build sheet by VIN number is always helpful.

The KK's 2008-2013 may be easier to find in lower miles and the rear seats fold flat. I think a 2011- 2013 would be the better years for the KK.

TheWestVirginian

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.
Now a days you have to consider the fact that the more rounded KJ's (2002-2007) are getting older and are generally higher mileage now.
Trying to find a lower mileage, well maintained, rust & accident free is getting tougher every day.
IMHO the best year was 02-04's and they had more reliable window regulators, and way better fog lights.
The one disadvantage to the KJ's were that the rear seats did not fold completely flat.
The sport trim was basic, the Renegade was top tier with roof lights etc. Some trims had leather seats or cloth and sunroofs was not for me (potential leaks)
My Rocky Mountain edition is good, came w/ skid plates, painted fenders/graphite moldings, and no sunroof, with Jeep embroidered seats.
The EVIC computer/reader was a nice feature gave you MPG/outside air temps etc and was located in the center of headliner with lights.
Even though my Jeep came with a block heater, it had no heated mirrors go figure, no EVIC or floor lighting, which I added later in LED.
Their trim levels were literally all over the place and getting the build sheet by VIN number is always helpful.

The KK's 2008-2013 may be easier to find in lower miles and the rear seats fold flat. I think a 2011- 2013 would be the better years for the KK.

Thanks much for the welcome, Liberty.

I'm currently looking at a few KKs right now for exactly the reasons you stated; lower miles, less wear, better bodies, etc.

Take care, and have a great day!

Aaron