HOW TO: Remove Front Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
bumper01.jpg

bumper02.jpg

Note you will need to replace the plastic rivets with new ones.

NAPA part # 770-2871

Bennett

Rush345

Reaction score
I have done as instructed and the only problem I'm having is the Replacement Plastic Rivets will not fit in my POP Rivet Gun. I tried the pliers and Vise grips fulcrum trick with poor results. I have aquired some push in rivetas some Black Pop Rivets, (From NAPA) and finally some Steel Pop Rivets from ACE Hardware that look most promissing. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
Thank-You
Rush345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up buying some plastic rivets from NAPA (part # BK 7702871), they were like 6 bucks for a pack of 20. Then I drilled out the largest rivet tip and used them in my rivet gun. Sometimes I had to pull the end out of the gun with pliers, but it worked great!

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone else have issues getting to those damn pinch clips? im in a jam here. might start ripping shyt in a second.

EDIT*** You can get at the clips with needle nosed pliers, its not pretty but it works.

Last edited:

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

nmadd118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
uncle krusty, you still have this pdf? Im looking to fab a custom bumper, kind;ve a big undertaking haha but my creative mind has be going... need to find a metal working shop to make the cuts.. i want to try to keep it one piece as possible and just have them bend it to form the shape

DocHemi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done as instructed and the only problem I'm having is the Replacement Plastic Rivets will not fit in my POP Rivet Gun. I tried the pliers and Vise grips fulcrum trick with poor results. I have aquired some push in rivetas some Black Pop Rivets, (From NAPA) and finally some Steel Pop Rivets from ACE Hardware that look most promissing. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
Thank-You
Rush345

You can get a rivet gun made specially for the plastic rivets at any NAPA store

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.