HOW TO: Relocate your STOCK washer bottle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dalton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of the old write ups have dead pictures so i decided to make my own, not alot of detailed pictures, but you should get the point.

Materials:
Stock washer bottle
8 butt conectors from NAPA or autozone
Primary electrical wire
wire cutters/ strippers
electrical tape
plastic welder

Total cost: $10.33

1. Remove stock winshield washer bottle, cut off the long neck, and plastic weld the top where the cap attaches back to the bottle. Let sit over night.
You must be registered for see images attach

2. Take the stock electrical cord and cut it off about 2 inches from the end attachment, strip the plastic off the wire about an inch from the end. There are 2 things that attach to the washer bottle, 2 wires for each- that means you have to strip 4 wires, a total of 8 times. Take your primary cord and strip an inch off the ends. Use your butt connectors and attach the primary wire in between your 2 stripped ends of each wire (make sure you match up the colors) make sure you crimp the butt connectors tight. Reattach both attachments to the washer bottle and test it out to make sure it works

3. Grab your electrical tape and tape all of the stock and primary wire, and butt connectors.

4. Next, there are 2 sensors. Move them from here:

to here:

5. Your airbox should already be out- put the washer bottle into the space behind where the airbox fits. Push it as far back as you can without it pushing on anything- Put your airbox back in. You will have to push to get it back in. Congratulations, you just relocated your stock windshield washer bottle for under 15 bucks- a mod very, very few people will ever notice.:D

Last edited:

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is securing the bottle so vibrations don't cause it to wear? I like this and will probably be duplicating it in 2-4 weeks

dalton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been meaning to fab up some to keep it from moving, Im planning on using an L bracket. But, its been almost a month and nothing bad has happened so far. It was a tight fit to get it into that location so its not going anywhere unless I slam on the brakes. The way i trimmed the top of the bottle, there's about a 1/2- 1" of clearance between the cap and the hood.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
most of the aftermarket bumpers go for maximum possible approach clearance.. which leaves a few inches of the washer bottle exposed from the front.

dalton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, i reorganized my photobucket, and I guess it killed the pics. Theyre all resurrected