HOW TO: Install Rusty's Air Tube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Silly simple process, as demonstrated on a 2002 Limited.

Requires: Flat Screwdriver, 10MM Socket, Air tube(duh), Filter(4.5x5 in this example)(also duh)

Step 1: Loosen hose clamp on the air box side, pull rubber tube off of stock air box.
Step 2: Unclip and remove cover of air box, just like your changing a filter. Take out the filter, and pull up on the air box to remove. (Might be snug, just give it a good pull and it should come out.)
Step 3: Use 10mm socket to remove the nut shown in the picture (Where the air tube bolts to the frame), place the air tube over the stud, and replace the nut.
Step 4: Connect rubber hose from motor to air tube, tighten hose clamp. (Note: this part can be a bit tricky, but if you wiggle it just right, it will fit)
Step 5: Connect filter to air tube, tighten hose clamp.

And your done. A 5 minute project that only takes two tools! Horay!

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images
[/list]

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
strange.....my engine bay doesnt appear to be the same as yours :-k

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks VERY different once you pull the air box, and the box on top of the motor that says "Power Tech 3.7L v6" is just a tube on yours. Just a difference in the model years I guess. 8-[

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's breather hookups on the tube for the 04-05's If you look for the post about it in general discussion, you will see a pic on an 04-05 that has the emission hook up right on the tube.

The tube is model year specific, rusty will send you the right one when you order. Just be sure to provide the right info on the order page.

Just another reason to love Rusty's =P~

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know about the 04-05 difference.
Please let us know if you get an increase in mileage. I believe if you do, Rusty's will get an increase in sales. \:D/

[email protected]

Reaction score
I installed the same thing last weekend but with a dry flow filter. You cannot really hear the intake like my other car but I do seem to get better fuel economy. Very easy to install this only step that was difficult (slightly) was making the hose that connected to the box to the tube but other than that it was simple. The entire project took 10 minutes. I would recommend it but I still am a fan of the factory box with a K&N drop in filter.
Nathan

Latest posts

Members online