HOW TO: Install Cruise Control [2003 KJ]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoolAcid

Reaction score
Note 1: They DO NOT make the Cruise Kit for the 2003 anymore!
Note 2: View the pictures larger by clicking on them - will take you off site!

Parts List:
1 - Servo, Get this from a Scrap Yard - $50CDN here in Ontario
1 - Cruise Switch Wiring Harness - Part#: 56010170AC - $26.70CDN

There is two different sets of switches, for the base and sport models you will need the left and right switches: 56010089AC $21.85CDN and 56010088AC $23.65CDN, not sure right now which was which.

Some Vacuum line. Got mine out of an old Caravan - same line for the cuise control. It's two rubber peices, with a very small tube.

Steps 1 (The Steering wheel):
1 - Disconnect the battery! You will be playing with the searing so you want to ensure the air bag does not deploy! Press on the break, horn whatever makes you confertable to disperse any extra power.

2 - On the back of the steering wheel you will find two bolts - 8mm Socket will take these out.

You must be registered for see images

3 - Carefully remove the Jeep Horn/Airbag unit, removing the airbag and horn wires from the back.

4 - Remove the old wiring harness from between the clock spring and where the horn was.

5 - left on either side is the plastic place holders - There is a Philips Screw holding each one. Remove the screw and the place holders. Replace with the corresponding Switches you bought.

6 - Replace the old wiring harness you just removed with the one purchased. connecting to the clock spring, and the two switch sets on either side.

7 - Plug the Airbag and horn back in and replace the unit back on to the steering wheel and secure.

Steps 2 (The Servo):

1 - Mount the servo

2 - Connect the existing wiring harness

3 - Wind the linkage behind and around to where the throttle is located

4 - Remove the throttle cable that is already there, slide the plastic piece into the holder and clip the end onto the nob of the throttle

5 - Replace the throttle cable

6 - Behind the overflow tank is a set of vacuum lines, one of the lines will have a cap on it. Remove the cap and connect the vacuum line here.

(No really good picture yet, it was dark)

Done! \:D/

TopShapeCabby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the connector for the servo a 4 pin connector?

A new servo at the dealer is 69.25$ in Ottawa, ON. Not bad....

I will be adding Cruise in the next week!!!!!!!!!

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of this is old news. I got the switches, and cables and servo from a junk yard...but the throttle line on the back of the servo got cut, and theres no wiring harness in the mounting location for the servo. Any ideas?

jrowla

Reaction score
I'm about to install the Mopar cruise kit on my 03' Liberty Sport and was wondering if there is any way to get a new link to these pictures?

Latest posts

Members online