HOW TO: Install an auto dimming rear view mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S1Loki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the easiest mods to do. Even easier since I chased extra wires down the pillar wheni did the evic mod.

Really like this one, just wish the outside mirrors could auto dim also.

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 03 LE, the drivers side external mirror does dim when the system is turned on. Since I have factory tint, the dimming on the inside mirror makes it too dark. Mine is turned off normally. Plus at this time of the year with 19+ hours of daylight it is not an issue.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine got an FJ cruiser with a backup camera that shows up in the mirror. I am trying to figure out how to wire that in (if possible).

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this mod today, it as very easy, to say the least, and I was able to find a auto dimming mirror at the salvage yard with a buddy, and I got a auto dimming mirror from a ford aerostar van, it was very easy to install, after i took apart the wiring harness, and re-wired just the 2 wires that was needed, and ran it down the A-pillar, and wired it up, it works great to say the least. Can't wait to test it tonight.... thanks for the How-to