HOW TO: Get Your Change in One Place (not the cup holder)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Visit just about every place you can think of that carries automotive stuffs (Advanced, Auto Zone, Target, WAL*MART, K-Mart, etc) then go to Rite Aid and happen to find the thing you've been looking for. ](*,) Everywhere else had the cup holder thingy and not one of these that i've been wanting.

You must be registered for see images

Only a few pennies left in the cup holder

I left the coins out to let the adhesive set and before installing it upside down i did a hard tap test to make sure i'd not have coins raining from the holder while driving.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's neat.......Rite Aid - huh. I'll have to stop and look the next time I see a Rite Aid.

Brigrat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a great topic...I am always fishing change out of the rubber cup holders and cursing Jeep for not putting a change holder in the Liberty.

ender00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
change is overrated

i dont toil with petty things such as change. unless its quarters or dimes or nickles. i throw pennies away. they might be getting rid of the penny soon anyway.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Since I don't smoke I just use the little ash tray that fits into the cup holder that came with the smokers package on my jeep.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hardly keep anything other than quarters. So this is not for me. It probably won't as many quarters as my cup holder.
A better trick is to get the "Smokers Group" for $30 oem or $5 at strauss and dump quarters in there and close the lid.

I always take the ashtray with me when I leave my car at various places such as the car wash, dealer, valet parking, etc..
If you never leave your car for them, the two-sided tape is a good trick and again if you have other than quarters you have in your jeep. I always park at meter so I need quarters. (I am planning to get park-card so soon I won't need as many).

Nevertheless it is a good find. :)

Enos316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually use the small divot underneath the center consoles handle, behind the cup holders. Holds a good amount of change. This is on an 04.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Enos316 said:
I actually use the small divot underneath the center consoles handle, behind the cup holders. Holds a good amount of change. This is on an 04.

Until some of the change goes into the actual center console top...then you have to take it off and get the change out. Been there, done that!! ](*,)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I haven't ever kept a dime in my Jeep. None of us have since the break-in of my mom and sister's cars back in '02.

Mom had $25 in change... all gone. Bastards even took the pennies!

Grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a black leather zipperd case (change purse.. whatever you want to call it) and keep it wedged in next to the emergency brake.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is quite an old topic but I've been browsing the how-to's and figured I'd give some input. On my '03 Rene, there is a small rectangular open space right in front of the hinges of my center console so I just throw my change in there. It's out of the way and I never have too much change in my Jeep because I have a change cup at home that I take to CoinStar once every few months.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just drive by the poor neighborhoods and throw the change in the street to watch kids run in traffic to get it... cheap entertainment...
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what I did, it held a pack of smokes, a lighter, and my cellphone all at one time, and then it held a lot of change... then I gave it to a friend who needed something like it for her car, and we couldn't find another one anywhere...
I'm Gonna put my CB up there now so My passenger seat can go all the way forward (the hazards of a large CB)

Last edited:

Rennagade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I double stuck the coin holder (same one you got in walmart) under the center console door lid. There is a recess in it that worked perfect. I can post a pic this weekend.