How to get a set of Moabs for Free

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just run an ad in the local craigslist and tell them you want to be just like tommudd and post this pic...

You must be registered for see images attach

(Sorry Tom for not asking permission before swiping your photo. It was just the first one I found the day I was posting to CL. Hopefully it won't cost me too much in royalties. ;) )

It worked for me!

I have now joined the Moab club!

Really! All I did was run an ad in the DFW craigslist and posted up a WTT listing showing my Cragar Black D's and explained that I wanted to trade even my set of 5 wheels and tires for someone's Rubicon Moabs. Got a couple of takers. Now I have a nice set of 5. Traded my 5 31x10.50x15 Pathfinder All Terrains for a set of 5 245/75/16 Pathfinder Trail AP's. Not my favorite choice for a tire, but I will upgrade to 265/75/16 MT's in the spring.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Maybe its just the tires, but those don't look like Tom's to me. Idk they look very similar just something seems different to me. Maybe my eyes are just goin crazy or somethin.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The angle on my pics does not show the deep dish as much as they actually are. They are the same wheels though. Came off an 05 TJ Rubi. And yeah, the tires are kinda wimpy - too skinny for my taste, but can't beat the price. But I am saving up and planning to buy some 265/75/16 Treadwright Guard Dogs in the spring. Will look much better then.