How To: fuel efficiency additives that work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

long.br

Reaction score
hi, im new to jeep and new to the forum.
i recently bought a 07 liberty sport-4x4-6 speed-3.7 / after driving for a little over a year now and with the rising of fuel costs i needed to do something. i heard a few positives but more negatives about additives that actually work. recently a new product (at least here in canada ) called "super eco-fuel saver"...

Eco Fuel Saver

i have been using this product for a month now using 1 full bottle instead of the recommended dose and have noticed a pretty noticeable increase in economy. the 3.7 seems more peppy as well. just thought i would share my experience with you all.

long.br

Reaction score
at 6$ a bottle, it has already paid for itself. my best km was 530km to a full tank.
after using this product ive got 450km to 1/2 so far.
i have been looking around about this product and i have not heard any negatives, tjkj2002 - what kind of harm are you talking about?
has anyone else had problems with other additives?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at 6$ a bottle, it has already paid for itself. my best km was 530km to a full tank.
after using this product ive got 450km to 1/2 so far.
i have been looking around about this product and i have not heard any negatives, tjkj2002 - what kind of harm are you talking about?
has anyone else had problems with other additives?
It's called the placebo effect,the weather is getting warmer and there switching to summer gas blends so mpg's will naturally go up and generally with temps between 50 degrees and 80 degrees your engine is more effiecent due to quicker warm-ups but not hot enough to tax the cooling system which will reduce mpg's.Your most likely also changing your driving habits while not even knowing it.

All gas,no matter what sign is on the pump,has alot of additives for cleaning in it already and barely under the amount that will kill your cats fast.Adding more cleaning additives and such will reduce the life of your cat's.Doing once a year is okay but adding every tank fill-up is bad in the long run.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone must have snuck a bottle of that into my gastank. was getting 15.5 MPG now I'm getting 17.

in other news, this warm spring is really nice!!!! except my grass is brown.:icon_cry:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone must have snuck a bottle of that into my gastank. was getting 15.5 MPG now I'm getting 17.

in other news, this warm spring is really nice!!!! except my grass is brown.:icon_cry:
I'm up about 2mpg's also,no fancy additives and I damn know my driving hasn't gotten any better as I still drive it like I stole it:happy175:.

It's the warmer weather and the summer blend gas.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm up about 2mpg's also,no fancy additives and I damn know my driving hasn't gotten any better as I still drive it like I stole it:happy175:.

It's the warmer weather and the summer blend gas.

Yeah, my fuel economy has improved a little with the summer blend also. Not much, but between 1-2mpg highway.

I havn't been using additives.

Dave

long.br

Reaction score
good to know, thanks for all the info. i never knew they have different additives for each season. so if additives just burn hotter from what i understand, wouldnt just upping your octane do the same effect? i apologize in advance if this has been posted or talked about before, im new to all of this and excited to learn.

btw-tjkj2002 nice SAS, ive seen your kj all over different sites ive visited in the past

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good to know, thanks for all the info. i never knew they have different additives for each season. so if additives just burn hotter from what i understand, wouldnt just upping your octane do the same effect? i apologize in advance if this has been posted or talked about before, im new to all of this and excited to learn.

btw-tjkj2002 nice SAS, ive seen your kj all over different sites ive visited in the past
Running mid-grade(89 octane) is recommended if towing,it's in the owners manual.I only run premium due to elevation and vehicle weight as my KJ is over 6000lbs when bone stock is 4000lbs.

But yes running premium is basically,in a sense,the same thing as adding additives and by nature premium gas is generally "better" qaulity.Be warned though to only buy premium at a gas station with seperate pumps for each grade and find a gas station where alot of high end cars fuel at like BMW's,Mercedes,and Cadillac's since they require premium so that gas stations premium gas will be fresher then others.

long.br

Reaction score
Running mid-grade(89 octane) is recommended if towing,it's in the owners manual.I only run premium due to elevation and vehicle weight as my KJ is over 6000lbs when bone stock is 4000lbs.

But yes running premium is basically,in a sense,the same thing as adding additives and by nature premium gas is generally "better" qaulity.Be warned though to only buy premium at a gas station with seperate pumps for each grade and find a gas station where alot of high end cars fuel at like BMW's,Mercedes,and Cadillac's since they require premium so that gas stations premium gas will be fresher then others.

good to know and thats for the tip! i would read my owners manual but id need to freshen up my french hahaha. my kj froms Quebec lol.

Members online

No members online now.