HOW TO: Flash front marker lights with signal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

razzerx

Reaction score
This will explain how to flash the front marker lights on an 05 Sport with the turn signals.

1. Remove the two push pins in the wheel wells and look for a three wire plug(black,red,white). You will need the wire in the middle.(red)

2. Next remove the marker light and pull out so you can get at the two wires(black,white).

3. Cut the black wire on the marker light and attach a 6 inch piece of 20gauge wire to it going towards the lamp. Tape the other end up.

4. Next splice the other end to the red wire in the three pin plug.

5. I'm not sure if you need it but I put a diode in between(band facing the red wire) just in case.

Now when you signal the marker light will flash opposite the turn signal.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
DC was really stupid not to include that, that light was just there for no reason and it should have been the blinker from the get-go!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Sweet. ;) I'm gonna have to do this, you guys know I"m gonna have to do this. :D I WILL DO THIS.

Just not today or tomorrow because I'm sick of doing stuff to my Jeep. Give me a few days. :D

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
He asked for a "few days", in Marlon-land that generally would mean "sometime in near future, days, weeks, or maybe months". :)

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just forget about Marlon getting this done and then he'll do it. It may be one of those "Resurrecting" from the dead threads (a year later). lol.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this to my Charger, then undid it when I wired my halos into the parking lights (they would have flashed as well), and now I just redid it again now that I used an ATM Add-A-Line run from the trunk, to a rocker switch on my dash, through the firewall and up to the headlamps to power the Halos independently. This is a total must have mod and I am going to do it on the Jeep as soon as I get some time. On the Charger, it's a 20 second mod...seriously. 3 pins going into the parking lamps and the side markers are wired out of there, too. When you switch the position of the outside pins, they blink in unison. ie. Pins are numbered 1, 2, 3. 1 goes into 3 and 3 to 1 = http://media.putfile.com/Blinker_Mod_Result In all fairness, it looks better on the Charger ;)

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always thought it was stupid for Jaguar's to have the little light there in the wheel well, but not blinking with the turn signal. Maybe we could drill a hole and add a signal there.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
razzerx.......this is a good idea, and it sounds easy.

Dave