HOW TO: Disable BeltAlert System(SeatBelt Buzzer)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hadn't see a "HOW TO" on this yet, and I just did it in Jaine. For those of you who are tired of driving through parking lots from store to store, or just across your property and hearing the "BEEP....BEEEP...BEEEEP!!!!!"; this thread will show you how to disable it so all you have to worry about it the minuscule red light. This procedure takes less than five minutes to do in your driveway. This is my first "HOW TO", so bare with me.

1) Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle the driver's seat belt.

2) Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running, but mine was) and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3) Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4) Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to indicate that you have successfully completed the programming.

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

NOTE: Although the EWS (BeltAlert) has been deactivated, the Seat Belt Warning Light will continue to illuminate while the driver's seat belt remains unfastened.

Hope this was helpful. If you guys have any questions or concerns, just ask!:smokin:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while this trick sounds useful I wouldn't advocate driving around anyplace without your seatbelt on, with the possible exception of in your own driveway. I don't even drive "from store to store" in the same parking lot without putting on my seatbelt. way too many stupid people in parking lots, not to mention you can still get ticketed for driving w/o a seatbelt in such places.

LaneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while this trick sounds useful I wouldn't advocate driving around anyplace without your seatbelt on, with the possible exception of in your own driveway. I don't even drive "from store to store" in the same parking lot without putting on my seatbelt. way too many stupid people in parking lots, not to mention you can still get ticketed for driving w/o a seatbelt in such places.

Deactivating the sensor does not excuse driving around with your seat belt off, nor encourage it. Its just to get rid of the annoying chime that occurs when sitting at idle in a parking lot or in your driveway or wherever you may be. You still have the light to remind you, just no chime. Which believe me, is relief in itself. That chime is annoying! :favorites13:

Last edited:

Aaron2345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This procedure is usually in the cars manual. Also still not an excuse for being a ******* and not wearing a safety belt. You would ride a roller coaster with out a harness would you?

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This procedure is usually in the cars manual. Also still not an excuse for being a ******* and not wearing a safety belt. You would ride a roller coaster with out a harness would you?

I'm starting to get the impression that you're a very high strung individual.. Just sayin' eek2.gif

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was just poking around the How To section and noticed this thread. Can't thank you enough for posting these instructions. The seatbelt warning chimes are beyond annoying... and I always wear my seatbelt.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realize this is an old topic, but I wanted to thank the OP for posting this. You saved me some stress. I admit that I don't always wear a seat belt, but I believe I do when it counts (anywhere me or other traffic could exceed 10MPH).

Replying to this moves it to the first page in this forum, where it may get renewed interest. It might even help others who are irritated with the repeated, loud chime warning. I looked for a rule regarding posting to old topics and didn't find anything, so I hope I haven't incurred the wrath of the mods. ;)

Jim

meoget

Reaction score
Thanks! I don't really need my Jeep yelling at me while I am creeping through the woods at 8 MPH. I seriously doubt the seat belts will have a whole lot of effect at those speeds, though an airbag deployment might be "exciting".

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I don't really need my Jeep yelling at me while I am creeping through the woods at 8 MPH. I seriously doubt the seat belts will have a whole lot of effect at those speeds, though an airbag deployment might be "exciting".

I dont know man... I've been in some trucks (mostly driven by my cousin at the time) off-road, at crawling speeds, you get enough of an angle on some of those trails and rocks, a seat belt helps you to not fall out of the vehicle!

Probably even more important on Wranglers and CJ's and the like when they take the doors off. lol.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL this procedure is in the owner's manual...

Raven245

Reaction score
Seat belt noise

Thank you so much for putting up this post On how to disable That seat belt noise. I Do Not wear my seat belt n it should b my choice NOT urs. Nor should I b told to wear my seat belt especially by my vehicle. I do wear my helmet when riding my motorcycle I'm not totally stupid. There is No proof that shows that seat belts save more lives than not. Just the other day a woman n 2yr old daughter died she was wearing her seat beltn the girl in a car seat in the back. Look it up Bedford, va.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for putting up this post On how to disable That seat belt noise. I Do Not wear my seat belt n it should b my choice NOT urs. Nor should I b told to wear my seat belt especially by my vehicle. I do wear my helmet when riding my motorcycle I'm not totally stupid. There is No proof that shows that seat belts save more lives than not. Just the other day a woman n 2yr old daughter died she was wearing her seat beltn the girl in a car seat in the back. Look it up Bedford, va.

Not trying to say you sound stupid.. but you sound STUPID
Seat belts obviously save lives or else we wouldn't have them
It's one thing to disable the chime just so you don't hear the noise, but it's another thing to disable it because you never wear a seatbelt
I pray that you do not get into a high speed head-on collision, because you will go through the windshield
Not wearing your seatbelt is a very bad decision and I hope you get ticketed every time you get into a vehicle not wearing one

Raven245

Reaction score
Blah Blah Blah..... where's the PROOF.. you must b a sheep n when the hearder tells u what to do u do it huh? USA stands for making my own choice even if it will kill me.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blah Blah Blah..... where's the PROOF.
It's pretty easy to find with Google. But obviously, if you are too lazy to buckle up, you're too lazy to do an Internet search. I would point you directly to any one of dozens of of sites I found with the search term "proof that shows that seat belts save more lives than not" - your own words - but you would probably come back with "liberal propaganda" or "right wing fanaticism" or some other excuse why you can't be bothered to actually read the proof. But just in case I have you all wrong, here's just one little tidbit:

National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said:
All studies show you are much more likely to survive a crash if you are buckled in. Ejected occupants are four times as likely to be killed as those who remain inside.

ALL STUDIES? Hmmm, that means there must be even more proof.

USA stands for making my own choice even if it will kill me.
You must be registered for see images
Every state in the USA has motor vehicle codes and all of them require seatbelt use. You could be teaching someone who looks up to you this bad habit - it might end up killing them some day. Maybe your own children will believe this utter nonsense. I don't agree with every law, but seatbelt laws are proven to save lives every day.

It strikes me that this is so outrageous, you are very likely just another Internet troll looking for a fight to while away your weekend. Enjoy. :Bye:

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reread the 4 steps very carefully. Write it down beforehand and take it to the Jeep if need be.

Start with the Jeep OFF and the seat belt buckled.
Turn the car to ACC/Run and leave it there until the seat belt light turns off.
Start the Jeep.
Quickly (within 10 seconds) unbuckle, buckle, unbuckle, buckle, unbuckle, and buckle. Finish with the seat belt buckled.
Turn the Jeep Off. It should ding once to let you know that yoooo, I'll never ding again (biggthumpup)

cedric

Reaction score
Hi. I have a 2005 (Liberty) Renegade. Have tried to disable the buzzer using the above method, but having no luck. Belt in, engine on, belt in and out 3 times quickly, engine off with belt still in, beeps, but still buzzer is on.