How to: Deter catalytic converter theft for a KJ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greatpatch

Reaction score
What are some good steps to take to deter cat theft? I have an '05 with factory skid plates.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
A sophisticated car alarm, with possibility of sound sensor placed under vehicle?
Some even have text messaging if alarm is triggered.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Really isn’t much. Had a fellow here in town that welded chains to his, thinking they are hard to cut with a sawzall. They got both of his anyway.

Cops here recommend engraving your name on them.

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting tougher and tougher to deter people with the advancement of batteries on tools haha.

When I worked for a shop, I would weld sections of braided cable to areas past the cats that looked like it would be hard to get a recip saw in there. With the cable left loose other than the ends, it increased the time it would take people to cut through, hopefully deterring them to an easier vehicle.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess we need something like a skid plate at this point. I’m glad I no longer work in the part of town where my Outback was broken into twice.

Reactions: JRB

Latest posts

Members online