How To: Dave's JeePS (GPS) Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirt Rich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a pictorial How-To on replacing the pointer on your TomTom GPS with a picture of your own KJ! There are a few ways to do it. I used photoshop this time around, and my last two on Microsoft Paint (one of my face, and another of an old Crown Vic Police Interceptor). It's pretty easy actually. The important thing to know is that the entire picture, background included MUST BE 80 pixels wide by 70 pixels tall.

Below is a simple method using Microsoft Paint. For photoshop instructions, you should already be proficient enough to use the pictures as a guide.

1. Open picture of your vehicle.

2. Crop image as close to the size of your vehicle as possible, using the rectangle tool, eliminating the bulk of the background.

3. Zoom wayyy in, until you see pixels large enough for you to work with individually.

4. Use the eraser to erase all background pixels.

5. Use the paint bucket to paint the background red. Background red must be a custom color. R=255 G=0 B=0. The reason for this is that the GPS is programed to ignore that particular color when placing the pointer on the screen. Basically, what looks red to us is invisible to the GPS.

6. Save as a bitmap, and place it in the cars folder of your TomTom device (connected to your PC via USB) The path is TomTom/art/cars.

7. Enjoy watching your personal vehicle as it drives around on the blue streets of TomTomLand!

You must be registered for see images

moose340

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, I shall now have to try!

OH, one question whats you sticker on the right say?

Dirt Rich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, I shall now have to try!

OH, one question whats you sticker on the right say?

The one on the right is just a picture. The left one says "If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.