HOW TO: Change front and rear wipers (VIDEO)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirtnapper

Reaction score
Note on the rear wiper... you can get them from the stealership..at about $20..for the 11 inch rear wiper! I went almost 2 yrs without replacing it..could not find any...it was suggested the TR7 wiper would fit; did not. I did find the Trio Exact fit 11-1, it fits and is only about $7.00 if anyone is interested.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I would like to know where you found the rear wiper. I need to replace mine and $20 is expsnsive for a wiper that lasted about a year (un like most SUV drivers, I use mine in the rain)

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, my rear is still the original, and I use it everytime it rains. Its getting to have about three and half years on it. However, the front wipers from the dealer only lasted about 9-12 mos. each time. Finally got smart and got some cheaper ones from wal-mart that look just exactly like the factory ones from the dealer and are half the price \:D/

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was one of the things I had the dealer where I bought my kj from do - change the wipers. Glad I did, given that theres now a video on how to do it LOL.

So I figure I got another year or more before I have to think about it. Kudos for the vids, again.

-Blu

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm all for the How-To section on this website.....but do we really need to help people figure out how to replace the wipers (Aeh)

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
SRotblat said:
I'm all for the How-To section on this website.....but do we really need to help people figure out how to replace the wipers (Aeh)

i agree, but you wouldnt beleive how many threads i've seen with the question askin "how do you remove the wipers"

corwynn said:
Ugh, I'm motion sick from watching the front wiper video Anxious

yeah, it was kinda hard to keep it steady. one hand holding the camera, the other hand changing wipers....

lightfoot44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replacing front wipers

SRotblat said:

The wipers on this vehicle are not as easy to change as you might think. Having owned a number of cars, the Liberty wipers are harder to figure out than any other car I've ever had. I'm real glad for the videos. I'd be more glad if car manufacturers made a standard fitting for all wipers that was easy to figure out and to do.

lightfoot44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TR6 blade

Dirtnapper said:
Note on the rear wiper... you can get them from the stealership..at about $20..for the 11 inch rear wiper! I went almost 2 yrs without replacing it..could not find any...it was suggested the TR7 wiper would fit; did not. I did find the Trio Exact fit 11-1, it fits and is only about $7.00 if anyone is interested.

Not the TR7, the TR6. It's an 11" blade, and should fit.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Re: replacing front wipers

lightfoot44 said:
SRotblat said:

The wipers on this vehicle are not as easy to change as you might think. Having owned a number of cars, the Liberty wipers are harder to figure out than any other car I've ever had. I'm real glad for the videos. I'd be more glad if car manufacturers made a standard fitting for all wipers that was easy to figure out and to do.

Funny.... all wipers are equally as hard or easy to change (with me). I thought the Libby's wipers were easy to remove... and I haven't even seen the vids yet.

jackie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SRotblat said:

There are some of us here who have never done it! I'll admit it! Personally, I am glad he put up a video... the directions on the package are confusing.... and what is that extra screw in the Bosh package? I guess it's not necessary.

lp2928

Reaction score
I have a 2004 renegade and the rear window washer tube is leaking over the passenger door, how do you remove the interior molding to access this tubing for repair?

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changing wipers for some is quite easy, and others - especially if you've never done it can be hard.

Over the years I've purchased new blades that ranged from just the rubber "blade" with the steel strip through it all the way up to the full head assembly - and everything in between! Half the puzzle is just figuring out "how much" of the original assembly you have to re-use.

Following the sometimes unclear instructions included with the new ones can be tricky. Especially if you purchased the "universal" ones that come with a pile of hardware that you don't need. When your done there is handful of "extra" parts you hope you didn't need.

Don't even get me started about having to find the portion of instructions written in a language you understand.
Or the 300X magnifying glass so you can read them....SHOCKED.gif
... only to find...
"Translation" :confused: not so good Joe. ](*,)

We've all been there.... :D

Latest posts

Members online