how many qt for oil change on 3.7L???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ozone357

Reaction score
Just got new to me Liberty '06. Need to change the oil and was wondering if you could tell me the specs for how much oil. Thanks

richre1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It Is 5 Quarts Of 5w20 Oil And A Filter.
What Kind Of Oil Does Everyone Use??
Funny Thing I Have A Regular Cust. That Comes In All The Time For His Oil Change. He Is A Pretty Old Guy And He Drives A Grand Cherokee 4.7. A Few Days Ago I Asked Him Why He Comes For An Oil Change But He Is Never Anywhere Near Due I Mean Sometimes He Still Has Like 2500 Miles Lol. Its Like Every 3 Weeks. So When I Asked Him That His Response Was " My Wife Almost Killed Me When The Car We Had Died From Me Forgeting To Put Oil In It After Draining, So Till I Dont Get Along With Her Anymore I Will Be Getting It Changed Early, Lol I Dont Know At The Time It Was Funny. Buti Later Leanred That This Guy Get Free Oil Changes,cus The Service Manger Is A Buddy Of His Sons Or Something.

indianrefining

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Havoline mineral (i.e., "conventional") SAE 5W-20. I've come to the conclusion that the price of synthetics is not justifiable unless you're driving in extreme conditions (in the Sahara or above the Arctic Circle) or running a turbocharged engine (either diesel or gasoline). Each company's additive package for their conventional and synthetic PCMOs is virtually identical, and - for my money, at least - there just isn't all that much difference between PAOs and group III conventional lube base oils. (And I have never used - and probably will never use - any oil other than Havoline.)

Last edited:

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Havoline mineral (i.e., "conventional") SAE 5W-20. I've come to the conclusion that the price of synthetics is not justifiable unless you're driving in extreme conditions (in the Sahara or above the Arctic Circle) or running a turbocharged engine (either diesel or gasoline). Each company's additive package for their conventional and synthetic PCMOs is virtually identical, and - for my money, at least - there just isn't all that much difference between PAOs and group III conventional lube base oils. (And I have never used - and probably will never use - any oil other than Havoline.)

That is not at all what testing will show especially on extended service intervals. But hey, you can drive a lot of miles w/out problems using conventional oil and you just might never have a problem by changing it every 3 months or 3,000 miles but once you start pushing the interval out and driving ******* and off road, Synthetics are where it is at. They test way better new or used than conventional, dino motor oils.

indianrefining

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who said anything about extending the change interval beyond 3K /3 months? As to the relative merits of PAOs and groups IIIs, my wallet and I stand by what I said.

tjkoen01

Reaction score
Who said anything about extending the change interval beyond 3K /3 months? As to the relative merits of PAOs and groups IIIs, my wallet and I stand by what I said.

I run Mobile Extended performance full synthetic on 10k intervals. Mobile says it's good for 15k, so I figure the $7 a quart at 10k equals $2.33 at 3k intervals....then take into account filters and time consumed changing your oil and the extra trips to AutoZone to dump the oil, you should come out ahead...assuming that Mobile is correct and you don't destroy your engine. :D

Colt03

Reaction score
I ran Mobil 1 in my Grand Cherokee 4.0 Liter for 225,000 miles and never had any mechanical engine problems, I changed the oil and filter every 10,000 miles. sold the car a year ago and the girl is still driving it.

Latest posts

Members online