How good are Moog brand for wheel bearing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BorincanoKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I need a new front wheel bearing hub. I have read before about the Timken brand which recommend. I need to know if someone used Moog brand wheel bearing how good they are?

Thanks in advanced for your help and recommendations.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran a Moog, was junk didn't last a couple thousand miles before it started to go bad. For the price I paid for one Moog wheel bearing alone and this includes having them installed I picked up on ebay set that were cheap never had a single issue with them except the ABS sensor wire going out on one.

BorincanoKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Moog brand is very good on ball joints and bushing parts only that’s it?

Thank you Tommudd and Birdmam for your recommendation I’ll be getting the Timken brand for wheel bearing that I need.

Greetings from Puerto Rico to my fellow citizens in North America.

JavelinAMX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So they branded National hub bearings over to Moog, because marketing thought people knew the Moog name more then National not only that, since the brand name change they are all made in good ol China now. Federal Mogul at its best to screw up another good brand. But I do agree with Tom, Timken is awesome.

But with saying that, selling auto parts for 7 years full time, and now going back part time as a second job, the store I work at doesn't see very many warranty returns on Moog bearings. Birdman330 you should be able to get it warrantied, there should be a 3 year warranty on it.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So they branded National hub bearings over to Moog, because marketing thought people knew the Moog name more then National not only that, since the brand name change they are all made in good ol China now. Federal Mogul at its best to screw up another good brand. But I do agree with Tom, Timken is awesome.

But with saying that, selling auto parts for 7 years full time, and now going back part time as a second job, the store I work at doesn't see very many warranty returns on Moog bearings. Birdman330 you should be able to get it warrantied, there should be a 3 year warranty on it.

I ended up coming out way ahead on the matter anyways so I didn't care at the time. I was trying to diagnose a few issues which the bearings were one thing, but it ended up being the tires which I resolved with a tire rotation and then new tires. Not to mention since the dealership I bought it at did the bearing I didn't feel like driving an hour away to have at it after putting that place behind me. Of course I have had bad experiences with Timken as well on my Focus, ended up going back to Motorcraft for the wheel bearing and had no issues once again. Though I would not hesitate to give Timken another try down the road because I know they are a very high quality wheel bearing manufacturer.

karljp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Timken. Remember you get what you pay for.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Timken first SKF 2nd place. You do get what ya pay for!

Latest posts

Members online