How Do You Remove The Rear Drivers Side Door Inner Panel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have search you tube and everywhere else I could think of . I don't want to break the panel trying to remove it on my own.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Hope this helps.
The FSM does mention the correct trim stick removal tool C-4755 or equivalent.
This video shows how to remove the panel.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Luckily so far, I have not had to pull one, but I do wonder about the white barrier/liner.
Could you use some small strips of gorilla tape to make it hold/lay flat, before re-installing the door panel over top or are some of these siliconed in place IDk.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The KK interior panel on the doors comes off easier than on a KJ. First, pull off the trim piece around the inside door handle and take out the screw inside. There is another screw to remove on the lower rear of the panel, hidden by a plastic cover. Next put your finger under the window switch and pull up on it so the module comes out and you can disconnect it. Once the screws and switch module are out, lift the door panel up and it will come out of its slots. Disconnect the door handle and lock rods and it will come right off.

Now for the interior panel. This is harder. Remove all the screws around the perimeter. Next remove the speaker. Clip the window switch module back on and move the window almost all the way down so you can see the bottom of it through the speaker hole. Reach through the speaker hole and disconnect the white plastic clamp from the glass. Once disconnected, move the glass back up by hand. Next disconnect the rest of the electrical and pull the inner door panel off. It may have to slide forward (or back) near the door latch area as you remove it to release some plastic slot tabs.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
^ Thanks I was on my smartphone & never noticed that Longjeepowner posted in the kk section, oops.

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's. They were very helpful and made the job easy! I had a deer run into the door when I was driving to my deer stand believe it or not but the deer put a nice crease in the door. I tried to remove as much of the crease as I can. The deer unfortunately got away! LOL

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh my, pretty bad when deer smacks the door, & you still missed dinner!
I'm happy to hear you were able to tap out some of the crease.
I do believe you can add a new sticker that states...
"No Deer Dent- No Story !! :)

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's. They were very helpful and made the job easy! I had a deer run into the door when I was driving to my deer stand believe it or not but the deer put a nice crease in the door. I tried to remove as much of the crease as I can. The deer unfortunately got away! LOL
I see I am not the only one who feels like the deer are just messing with him. Your story reminds me of an old joke, though.

There is a truck driver driving along, and he stops and picks up a priest to give him a ride.

He's driving down the highway and he sees a lawyer along the side of the road and thinks, "Wow! A lawyer that I could run over!" So he speeds up and heads straight for him.

At the last second he remembers the priest with him. So he swerves real quick to miss him, but still hears a thump. He looks behind, no sign of the lawyer.

He says to the priest "Wow, that was a close one, I almost hit that lawyer!"

The priest then replies "That's OK son, I got him with my door."

Latest posts

Members online