how do you know if your KJ came with towing package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xIceHoundx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is likely a newb question so forgive me, but how do you know or how can you tell if your KJ came with towing package? What is all part of the towing package? And what are the limits with and without the towing package? Thanks

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It will have the hitch, 7 pin wiring harness, a ****** cooler (extra radiator), extra fan (a mechanical one in addition to the e fan). Without it, I think the limit is 3500 pounds, with it, 5000 pounds.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trans cooler is not a guarantee, but he's right on everything else.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, a "build sheet" will tell you everything that was in your KJ when it left the factory. You can get one free at any jeep dealer instantly, or on line at jeep.com under owners services and request one.

Dave

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
03+ have an external trans cooler regardless, FWIW. 02-early 03s with the 45RFE don't, regardless.

Sent from ThunderbirdJunkie's mind via satellites

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2" receiver hitch that does not appear aftermarket is a pretty good indicator. No trans cooler with a manual trans either.... ;)