How do i remove stickers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This should be an easy one for you guys. I got some stickers on the rear glass, and on the body that i want to remove. I also was thinking about debadging it. What would be the best way to remove this stuff without leaving any marks or possibly messing up the paint?

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just heat the badges up with a blow dryer and then use a floss or i used a really small guitar thread, as for the stickers, heat them up and use a razor blade

kbooneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, just find a way to heat them up a little bit and I used a credit card and then used goo-be-gone for the leftover sticky shit. Btw I heated them with hot water but it's prolly not the best thing so use a dryer.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did this today. First, I got an old white t-shirt to use as my cloth, wet it, and gave the sticker and it's area a good wipe down. Then, I took a hair dryer and stood for about 2 minutes with it blowing about 5 inches from the sticker on medium heat going back and forth over it slowly. I then took a metal spatula wrapped in a t-shirt (credit card or just your fingernail will work too) and took the lettering off in one swipe through.

I didn't want to use any Goo-Gone or things like that - just water and heat. So to get rid of the left behind glue, I again heated the area the same way as before and did another pass over with the spatula/t-shirt combo. For the tiny bits that were left, I wrapped my thumb in t-shirt and slowly scraped away the rest of the adhesive. That got rid of my dealer sticker on the back gate.

Wet a clean part of the t-shirt, do a few wipe downs, and should look like nothing was ever there. Worked the same for my chrome hood JEEP emblem as well, just took a bit longer. Some people prefer to wash/wax before or after (sometimes before AND after) but I found that just doing a good damp cloth cleaning of the area before and after made for a flawless result.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tell that to Jeep and the dealership i bought it from

Yeah my dealership stuck me with a bunch of stupid stickers too. I'm glad I got them off! I like the nose of my KJ much better without the Jeep decal. The only one I plan to replace is the chrome Jeep badge on the tail gate. And I'm leaving my side chrome Liberty letters on too with the little Renegade badge.

I don't even know why they made a chrome V6 emblem. Do we really need to advertise a V6? :confused:

horn

Reaction score
and when you have some glue resedue from the sticker or badge, use that same t-shirt with transparant lampoil to clean it off!

kbooneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't even know why they made a chrome V6 emblem. Do we really need to advertise a V6?
Mine doesnt have a V6 emblem...ive got 2 "jeep", 2 "limited", a 4x4, and a 3.7L. BTW how come certain 02 thru 04s have 4x4 badges under the rear side windows?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine doesnt have a V6 emblem...ive got 2 "jeep", 2 "limited", a 4x4, and a 3.7L. BTW how come certain 02 thru 04s have 4x4 badges under the rear side windows?

On the back of an 03 LTD:
Jeep 3.7
4x4 Limited

No V6 badge, just 3.7. Prelowered 02's had the 4x4 badges on the side. I added my 4x4 badges on the sides. :)

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i plan on taking of all non KJ stickers and then putting a few jeep ones back on after i bedline them.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
spray windex and regular razor blade for the window stickers.

Heat gun and plastic razor for the paint, LOW LOW HEAT though.

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless the vehicle dealer is ready to pay me for advertising their crap on my vehicle, all sticky crap and dealer adverts get removed before I take possession on my vehicle!
Simple!

Wish it was that easy here for we have one Dealer who owns just about everymake everything except the Dodge dealership that has an inhouse bodyshop and every car they sell has the Dealers name painted on the vehicle not a sticker SHOCKED.gif which means the only way it off is to repaint the body panel.

My GF got bit by this and when we found out it was painted on we just found a cool decal to cover up the dealers branding.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online