HoosierJeeper's KJ.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Better late than never!!!:D

Let's start out-

In Feb. of 07, due to budget cut, I was losing my company car, an 04 Maxima. It was gold with tan leather and a sun roof. Once, I got the notice, I knew what I wanted- a WK Laredo 4x4.

So the search begun. I went to the Jeep dealers and found nothing to my liking. Across the street was another dealer...

I went over there and found 2 WK's. An 06 Midnight Blue 4x2 with grey leather and a sun roof, and an 05 Inferno Red Laredo 4x4..with the 4.7.

I loved the Red, except I wanted leather and a sunroof. Discouraged, I left.

So, I search again, and Carmax has an 06 WK Ltd. 4x4. It was white on gray leather, and had a sunroof. Alas, it was hammered.

Behind it, was the KJ. The Light Khaki caught my eye. I looked inside, and it had leather, sunroof, and 4WD!!!!! I was excited....

I called the sales rep and asked to have it un luck. It was in great shape. Only a scratch on the hood. So, I sat in it and liked. I asked if we could take it out. So, I took it out and only wanted it more.:D

I decided to sleep on it, and talk to the family (son was sold on it...he cried when we traded the WJ in 02) We thought we'd check new and other dealers one more time. Nothing. We go back that night, and we say "We'll take it". We rolled out with it at 9 that night. I was thrilled. I checked on about every hour that night.

So, I started to drive it, and noticed how hot the interior got. The back tint was fine, but the front left something to be desired.

We found a tint place that does tintind for the Bimmer and Caddie dealers. We took it there, and knew it was the right place. The owner had a WK SRT-8. We got it done for $90, and couldn't be more satisfied.

We have yet to take it on anything more than a dirt road, but we've really enjoyed it.

So, I wanted to learn more about it, and found JKJ....and that's where we are today....:D
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Here's her once a week washing-

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, my original thought was an '04-06 TJ Rubicon, but the only Rubi I could find at that time was in an accident( just a fender bender) but it pulled hard to the right when I took it for a test drive. I walked back into the dealer and flipped him the keys and said no thanks!! So I seen the KJ sitting there, and asked how much...and the rest is history.:p

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, my original thought was an '04-06 TJ Rubicon, but the only Rubi I could find at that time was in an accident( just a fender bender) but it pulled hard to the right when I took it for a test drive. I walked back into the dealer and flipped him the keys and said no thanks!! So I seen the KJ sitting there, and asked how much...and the rest is history.:p

I never even test drove a Grand.....

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
On Thursday, I bought a one piece rear floormat from Big Lots for $9.