Hood release won't release - No tension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

*BabyGirlJJ*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there ladies & gents!!! I have a problem that could be huge or small not sure yet...
We did some work under the hood this week to the little lady and went to pop the hood to check to make sure there were no leaks after driving her around for a bit.... and SURPRISE....

When I pulled the lever inside to release the hood - it had some tension but not enough to release the hood... we have tried to open it manually... can some one help me ???? Any ideas as to what I can do to pop the hood???

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it stuck? Hold the lever in the open position with one hand and push down/then release on the center of the hood right above the latch with your other hand. You might have to do this a few times. After you get it open check out the latch/release mechanism and lube all moving parts good. Then relax and have a beer...

Dave

bharney

Reaction score
My oldest boys Jeep had the same thing after working on it. On the other end of the wire is a small ball that fits into a notch to open the hood. If it comes out the only way to open the hood was from underneath with a 4 ft piece of wood. Then I reset the cable end into the notch and whas good to go.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online