homemade lift kit 2,5'' of budget

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

him-self

Reaction score
I apologize in advance for such a topic but in my country there are almost no jeep liberty and everything to kj is terribly expensive. I would like to lift the car by 2.5 inches and use something similar to this "https://teraflex.com/shop_items/kj-liberty-2-budget-boost-2002-2007". Does any of you have the dimensions of such parts so that I can make them. Best regards to kj jeep fans from overseas.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, not particularly.. BUT, if you have the skills and tools needed to make a spacer lift, then surely you can measure from your own vehicle instead of copying another product.

A spacer lift will surely lift you up, but it's going to ride horribly and you still will have tired old springs and shocks on there.

Given your situation, I'd be more inclined to switch to a different vehicle that is actually affordable or possible to modify the way you want.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I apologize in advance for such a topic but in my country there are almost no jeep liberty and everything to kj is terribly expensive. I would like to lift the car by 2.5 inches and use something similar to this "https://teraflex.com/shop_items/kj-liberty-2-budget-boost-2002-2007". Does any of you have the dimensions of such parts so that I can make them. Best regards to kj jeep fans from overseas.

Unless you are replacing all 4 springs and shocks, any spacer type lift you can make or install will not be that good at all. Even with new springs and shocks I would not do it

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as it kinda *****, for you guys out there in Israel, Europe, etc where you're driving a KJ Cherokee... unless you have a lot of disposable income, I'd just buy whatever is mainstream over there, be it a Toyota, Land Cruiser, Wrangler, whatever... if you can't get parts to do basic repairs (as we've heard from many of the Australian owners) then getting aftermarket upgrade parts for modifications is going to be heinously expensive or impossible.

It's just going to make you hate the Jeep.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score

We have ~90,000km on that lift. Ours needed corrected upper control arms in order to fix the camber. Its at nearly 250,000km now, and its getting time for springs/struts.

If you need to make these yourself, use your front shocks and rear coils as templates.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

If that is all can get then please at least use new springs and shocks/ install JBA upper control arms plus teraflex bumpstops up front. Will last a bit longer

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a .dxf file for a top plate spacer, you can get this cut by fabricators on a plasma or laser cutting table. you can only make this out of 3/8" thick material max, but that would yield ~3/4 inch of lift, which might help you out.
send me a PM or email me
bluebronco69 at gmail.com and i can send it to you.

Latest posts

Members online