Hitch Receiver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaz0_man0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get a good deal on a Hitch Receiver for my lib?
Best price I have found. $153 shipped.

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.truckxpressions.com/accessorygateways/curt_hitch.htm

try this place, I bought a class 4 hitch from them for my 1/2 ton pick up for only $155 delivered. Yes, over kill for a 1/2 ton but I couldn't pass up the deal, the quality is awesome, just like factory where you don't see the ugly crossmember, just the square receiver tube right underneath and flush with the bumper.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hitch

$124.75 @ U-Haul if you have one nearby.
(cool)
http://store.uhaul.com/(1ura5z55wl5cfiba3wxw3faj)/wizard_hitches.aspx

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not familar with the Curt Brand, but when I was researching to buy my hitch I found that while many were listed as a "Class 3" hitch their weight rattigns were not all the same. I found that among the brands which I considered (Hidden Hitch, Draw-Tite, Mopar) that only the Draw-Tite hitch was a true Class 3 with a rating of 500/5,000lbs capacity and 750lbs/7,500lbs with weight distribution. The others were 350/3,500 and 500/5,000.

One can easily see that from this site:
http://www.etrailer.com/products.asp?model=Liberty&category=hitch&year=2004&make=Jeep&t1=&h=e

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good for you man! I am very satisfied with mine and you can't beat the prices. Hauled my uncle's 1/2 ton pick up on a car trailer with no problems, looks great, works great.

chaz0_man0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics!

You must be registered for see images

Now I need the wireing... See any good prices on them???

Also installed the Pro Clip... The screws that came with the unit SUCKED! Used my own...

PS. Bennett I told them we want a discount...

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two things: 1. Um...where's the silicone?

2. Those bolt heads worry me a little because from the pics they seem only slightly larger than the hitch mounting holes. I would make sure they are the absolute largest bolts that will fit in the hole and make sure they are grade 8 hardness. If so then I would get some larger washers, heavy ones, the same size as bolt shaft but larger in over all diameter. I don't mean to cause alarm but I believe bigger is better when it comes to safety. For example, the hitch on my ATV,(12 lbs.), is made from two pieces of half inch steel welded together and open on one end so I can have a ball mount and 3/4 inch clevis at the same time, kinda looks like a "Y" from the side. It bolts into the stock hitch hole on the ATV with a 3/4 inch grade 8 bolt. The machine would tear in half before the hitch came apart.

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, aside from my paranoia, NICE WORK! Very inconspicuous design, not a big square tube you have to look at hanging off the end of your Jeep. =D>

Latest posts

Members online