Hitch receiver scooter carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farwellbooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if I can carrier a 300 lb. scooter on one of these carreriers or something similar? http://www.discountramps.com/motorcycle_carrier.htm
I think the tongue weight is rated at 300lbs for the OEM receiver. However the motor in a scooter is more towards the rear wheel vs. a dirt bike. Will this want to "twist" the receiver too much if that makes any sense? Also I think the spare tire will be in the way... depending upon how far the carrier sticks out. I don't really want to deal with a trailer.

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to handle that just fine. You can purchase an extension from various places that should get the hitch carrier out past the spare tire, and I dont think it would matter to much with the weight being slightly off center. It may affect the handling of your jeep slightly, but should be very minimal. I dont think it would twist the reciever in any way. I have seen other carriers available and they even make wide enough ones to put a 600 lb fourwheeler on the back with a single reciever mount, so this one with just a scooter should be fine. Its def easier then a trailer if that is all you need to worry about carrying around.

Good luck...