hitch mounted tire carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anybody make a hitch mounted swing out rear tire carrier ? like the one detours used to make...i dont think they still do. Or are there any "universal" type ones ?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Call Detours up, if they made it at one point they'd probably make it again. At least that's the impression I got from when I got my backbone that they do one off things.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure any structurally sound ones are going to be in that $700-$900 price range
Those look like they would be annoying though, always having to pull a pin and drop the tire down to the side just to open the trunk and the muscle it back up in position to put the pin back in
If you're spending that much you should just wait for someone to make a rear bumper

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure any structurally sound ones are going to be in that $700-$900 price range
Those look like they would be annoying though, always having to pull a pin and drop the tire down to the side just to open the trunk and the muscle it back up in position to put the pin back in
If you're spending that much you should just wait for someone to make a rear bumper

*koff*tommud*koff* :happy175: