Hidden junk collector...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

honu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This afternoon, as I was changing the oil on my wife's Liberty, I started cleaning up around the engine compartment.

I pulled out the foam "seals" on either side of the cowl, where the rear of the hood meets the fender. It appears as of they were "glued" in at the factory, but the adhesive dried out and I could remove them pretty easily.

Good thing I did... I've never seen so much wet debris... rotted leaves, dirt and sand... collected in such a small area before. I ended up using Simple Green, a toothbrush and cheap paint brush, cut down to stiffen the bristles and scrubbed for a good 45 minutes, to get all that garbage out of there.

It's a perfect place for rust and corrosion to start eatin' away at the cowling...

Maybe folks here are already aware of this... however, I thought I'd mention it for those who may have overlooked it...

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I will have to check mine. Thanks for the heads-up Honu.

Dave