HID retrofitting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolfman_moya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys so im considering retrofitting hid projectors into my existing head lamps and im wondering if i get a full kit and everything am i going to need any extra stuff such as relays to make these guys work? or if i get a "plug and play" retrofitting kit if i can just plug them into my existing headlamp lines without having to do any extra wiring with relays and such. also does the kit have to be the same 9007 bulbs or for retrofitting can they be h1 or different types of bulbs since im ripping out the original bulbs anyway? thanks!

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd highly suggest you spend you money somewhere else.
Unless you do a complete retrofit for several hundred dollars its going to be a POS. Hate those kits and everyone who installs them in vehicles that were not originally designed to have them.
I have never seen a kit yet that worked as it should with no issues no matter what the price was. Buddy of mine his son did a set in a S10 paid over 1000 bucks for the kit, removed them in a week

Last edited:

wolfman_moya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm, damn HIDs in a kj is seeming more and more not worth it. especially since you cant evn just swap the bulbs, they have to be retrofitted and even then its several hundred dollars....thanks for the info. still really want em, but with your advice ill probably skip it unless tax returns give me a crazy amount of extra money lol. theres also this tiny company who will retro fit them for you with your customization in mind. you think that these guys would be any sort of a good alternative? the website is at sickhids
thanks tommudd

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to do hid bulbs until I saw how much it was to get it done the right way. I went and just got some xenon bulbs instead of the halogens or whatever is in them normally. The xenons are way whiter and look much brighter (to me at least) I'm thinking of making my fogs xenon too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would retrofit trucklite leds or jw speaker led headlamps instead...much less of a pita than hid retrofitting