HID conversion kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolfman_moya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys so I have done HID kit installs on my last car, just picked up my new 03 liberty maybe a month ago and want to put a kit in. so to my understanding i cant just throw in a kit like this:

Search Results

because the stock lenses and everything arent meant for HID bulbs right? or am i wrong here and this kit will work?

if i wanted to do this would i need to do a retro fit of a universal HID kit?

any and all help would be awesome, thanks!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Junk kits
install some good bulbs like Phillips etc and be done
Those that you listed do nothing more than blind everyone else on the road and provide no extra lighting for you

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have HIDs. I wish that I didn't convert them.

Light spread is all over the place. Don't. Do. It.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the time the ballast end up dying fast for no reason, there are reason why they are sellong them at 80% discount. Over here almost no one install them anymore.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check out theretrofitsource.com. They actually have small projectors you can retrofit - I think on the HIDPlanet forums, someone has done a round Jeep light. I would never do HID's without putting them in the proper housing (a projector with proper cutoff shield)

While the TRS stuff isn't as good as OEM, it's much better (IMO) than a lot of the cheap junk out there, and it's a fraction of the cost of OEM. I retrofitted my '00 Camaro with some Morimoto mini H1's this past spring and I absolutely love them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.