Hi Lift Jack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone think it is crazy to mount one of these to my roof rack? I would like to have it and I figure others might too. My main concern is theft. Are there locks for these?

Coryho

Reaction score
Anyone think it is crazy to mount one of these to my roof rack? I would like to have it and I figure others might too. My main concern is theft. Are there locks for these?
Yes there are different styles. Google hi lift locks and you’ll see a variety. I would use one if I had points for it but I don’t at this time.

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mounted mine to the side of my roof rack using the Hi-Lift Jack TM-700 1"-2" Adjustable Tube Mount. It's solid and doesn't wiggle at all. I ran some security cable through it and used a couple of padlocks for some small measure of theft deterrence, while maintaining fairly easy access to the lift.

You must be registered for see images attach

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Practice your martial arts before you use one of those things. They have more ways to swing at you than a **** in an alley with a lead pipe; and they can throw a truck at you!

I've only found them usefull to shift a cabin into place.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Practice your martial arts before you use one of those things. They have more ways to swing at you than a **** in an alley with a lead pipe; and they can throw a truck at you!

I've only found them usefull to shift a cabin into place.
Yes I have laughed so hard but also same time felt bad watching a lot of guys over the years use one. I had one 25 years ago and gave it away, mainly used it to stretch barbed wire in places couldn't get tractor into

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I have one in the garage I used to use as an adjustable redneck mailbox post when my dad was in and out of wheelchairs and walkers…never thought to use it for fence work.

In all seriousness, I use a hydraulic floor Jack. A mini around town and a full size on excursions. Heavy and bulky sure, but with a pinch weld adapter and the wheels removed from the jack, is the best Jack you’ll never need.