Hi Lift Jack question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I'm looking to replace my extremely well worn 36 inch Hi-Lift Cast/Steel Jack with a 48 or 60 inch Hi-Lift X-TREME Jack.
I've found that I could use a longer jack from time to time.
Which would you buy?
A 48 inch or the 60 inch?
I'm also going to buy some of the accessories like Neoprene Jack Cover, or Jack Protector weather-resistant soft case.
Fix-It-Kit
Adjustable Tube Mount, Handle Keeper (Although a simple Velcro strap does the same thing.)
Lift-Mate. "Lift from the wheel instead of the bumper.",
Off-Road Base (Mine finally bought the farm!)
Bumper Lift. "Use your Hi-Lift Jack to easily lift vehicles with curved bumpers." (Good to help others out of a situation. Not much use on a stock KJ bumper!)
http://www.hi-lift.com/hi-lift-jacks/x-treme.html
http://www.hi-lift.com/accessories/index.html
Any suggestions or comments?

Also looking to either buy or make my own Pull Pal. (Clone it!)
http://www.pullpal.com/quotes.html

Cheers
Ry'

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you're ever going to do an SFA, than get the 60"......

Otherwise, 48" would be fine.:)

hollysprings

Reaction score
The 48 fits much better inside. If you get the 60 look for an outside mount to save yourself some trouble.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That 60 is awesome but the 48 is a good jack and stores in the KJ easier. It is a hard choice. I think I would go for the 48 because of it's easier to manage size.

I also like the idea of the Pull Pal. There are a lot of places to need one where there are no trees close enough to attach a winch cable.

Just my thoughts.

Dave

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Any HiLift will be useless on a SFA KJ.I almost max my 48" HiLift lifting the front of my KJ from the ARB bumper and will max it out on the rear right now.

Good to know about the ARB and your Rock Lizard rear bumper.
That's why I'm considering the 5 foot long one.
Planning ahead!
So, just what are you going to use once you have your SFA installed tj?

Simpleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question but I don`t see where you can use the High Lift jack on the Libby. Can anyone explain where you place them to lift the vehicle? (or post a pic). I would be interested in getting one to replace the POS stock jack.

Simpleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went Youtube and saw a couple of vids on high lift jack issues. They break/slip when bringing the vehicle down. Is this something that was on older high lift jacks or is this still a current problem?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
I went You tube and saw a couple of vid's on high lift jack issues. They break/slip when bringing the vehicle down. Is this something that was on older high lift jacks or is this still a current problem?

I've been using a Hi Lift "Branded" jack and not some cheap knock off Chinese manufactured crap clone since 1983, thats 26 years!
In that time I have but 3 mishaps, more than likely my own fault!
I cannot speak for other Hi Lift Jack users, but user error is usually the cause
of most accidents/ operating faults!
So I cannot answer your question with any validity!

BTW, I'm going with a 60 inch Hi-Lift X-TREME Jack.

I will probably never need a 5 foot long Hi Lift jack, but you never know what you run into off road!
It might just make the difference between getting somebody else "Un"-stuck in a grim situation, so, money well spent as far as I am concerned!

I am not the only one out there four by fouring!

CWBenjamin

Reaction score
Would a high lift jack / offroad jack be easier to use than a floor jack to get my Jeep lifted 20 inches or so onto some jack stands? They are a fraction of the price and seem to be a lot easier to use... Unless they don't have a good spot to lift on a stock liberty?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Would a high lift jack / offroad jack be easier to use than a floor jack to get my Jeep lifted 20 inches or so onto some jack stands? They are a fraction of the price and seem to be a lot easier to use... Unless they don't have a good spot to lift on a stock liberty?
Pretty much worthless on a stock KJ, with plastic bumpers etc now where to jack from, plus you would not want to try and jack it up 20 inches unless you did one corner, then the other etc
floor jack is the way to go