Hi Lift Jack and a KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04jeepkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok here's the thing i won a 48'' hi lift jack in a raffle for $10, and well how the heck am i going to use it to lift my KJ? Any ideas , tips or products that i could use to make it work? Cause when i destroyed my right front tire a few weeks back we tried to use a hi lift but i don't have any lift points that are accessible.
(libsilver)

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi lift makes an attachment that attachest to your rim, with hooks to lift, then you block your truck, remove the jack and take the wheel off. to lift the back, I open the rear gate and stick the jack in my receiver slot, and lift it like that. I have a front hitch, and use my d ring shackle for the front.

805gregg

Reaction score
I made one of those adaptors that Todd designed, it works great.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys I'm almost done making this adapter for my hi lift but what's the purpouse of the bolt?

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys I'm almost done making this adapter for my hi lift but what's the purpouse of the bolt?
If you look at the 4th pic down on the linked page it appears that the bolt goes into one of the holes that are used to install the nutserts for the OEM rock rails. My guess is it is just keep the front of the adapter from wandering while you are raising the jack.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look at the 4th pic down on the linked page it appears that the bolt goes into one of the holes that are used to install the nutserts for the OEM rock rails. My guess is it is just keep the front of the adapter from wandering while you are raising the jack.

yea that's what I thought is just as a guide

dirt pig

Reaction score
With the Lift-Mate, you still need to carry one (1) axle stand to support the vehicle after you lift it.

Otherwise, How you gonna remove the wheel !!

NCC-1864

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Lift can be hazardous

There is no lifting points on a Libby, unless you have a steel bumper with appropriate lifting point like the ARB bumper,
there is some rock slide rail that also provide points.
you should not lift the back of the truck at the center of the bumper using your hitch
receptacle,to change a tire, it is very unstable .Hi -lift will lift your truck but you end up having the half
the weight of the truck on one point and that is very dangerous.
the purpose of Hi - Lift is to lift one of the four corners of you truck to change a tire.

Members online

No members online now.